Simply Organic, Basil, 0.54 oz (15 g)
You purchased this item onView this order
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 10% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
This product is already in your Wish List.
View Wish List
This product is now in your Wish List.
Sorry, this product is no longer in stock.
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by QAI
- A way to eat. The way to live.
We're here to fill your life with honest-to-goodness good food.
The kind of food that you remember, deep down. Fresh, Wholesome. Brimming with flavor and life. It can only be found in organically grown foods.
A lovely member of the mint family with a mildly peppery taste, a hint of clove and mint, basil is at the same time spicy and sweet, warm and fresh.
Basil is a customary seasoning in tomato-based sauces, juices, and pesto. It blends well with oregano for pizza sauce, and with other seasonings, especially lemon, garlic, and thyme.
- Try basil with fish, poultry, beans, pasta, rice, eggs, and vegetables like zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Use it in soups, stews, vinegars, and salad dressings (or sprinkle it directly on salads).
- Lay fresh leaves of basil over sliced fresh or buffalo mozzarella and drizzle with olive oil for a quick, light salad.
This one is sooo good. It's perfect for pasta, pizza, dressings, sauces and salads. This is the first Simply Organic product I've tried, and I'm completely in love with it. I will buy this again and again and again.
.. spice, like all the other Simply Organic's products! You won't regret buying this, I highly recommend! PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.
Great for cooking!
Posted by 5577938168675933787 on Jul 15, 2016
I am happy I bought this and received free shipping with an order of only $20, which was easy to do, as usual! I use this in unconventional ways, I suppose, although I do use it in typical recipes. Simply knowing that it is a very healthy herb, I use it for such things as eggs, chili, and mackerel.
Safer than Starwest Botanicals
Posted by 4743224431410592681 on Jul 02, 2016
I bought the 1lb Starwest basil and found a blue piece of plastic in it!!! We've contacted iherb and Starwest. Starwest told us that sometimes when things are floating on the farm, they just get grounded with the products. What?! I am never buying Starwest basil and am skeptical of their other products now... I wanted to write a review on the actual Starwest basil product to warn other customers, but I bought the product a few years ago and I am unable to write a review (is there an expiration date on writing reviews?) This Simply Organic brand is very popular and has a ton of great reviews, so I'm thinking no suspicious objects were found in them.
This is good stuff
Posted by 5000452071691145114 on May 11, 2016
A good product that lives up to its promises. fairly priced and exceptional quality.
Posted by Celestepoh on May 09, 2016