PEAKfresh USA, Produce Bags, Reusable, 10 - 12" x 16" Bags, with Twist Ties
Buy 4+Save 5%
Buy 12+Save 10%
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Shipping Weight:0.24 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: PEA-00200
- UPC Code: 892453002003
6.7 x 4.6 x 0.9 in, 0.2 lbsSwitch to Metric units
|Combo Discount:||- $2.00|
- Keeps Fruit and Vegetables Fresher - Longer
- The Bags that Produce Shippers Use Worldwide
- Certified Organic
PEAKfreshUSA produce bags slow down the natural aging process of fruit and vegetables, preserving both the freshness and the life of your produce.
How PEAKfresh produce bags work
- PEAKfresh produce bags remove ethylene gas to prolong the life and freshness of the produce. Most fruit and vegetables release ethylene gas after harvest. Exposure to the gas accelerates aging in fruit and vegetables.
- Unlike ordinary plastic bags, PEAKfresh produce bags 'breathe' so that damaging gases produced by the fresh produce are removed.
- PEAKfresh produce bags minimize moisture formation and inhibit bacteria growth.
- Maintains fruit and vegetables at their peak.
How to use PEAKfresh produce bags
- Pre-cool warm fruit and vegetables in refrigerator before storing in bag.
- Use a separate bag for each type of produce.
- Produce to be stored should be fresh, dry and undamaged.
- Expel air from the bag and close using the enclosed ties and store in refrigerator.
Note: Wash and dry bag thoroughly before re-use. Bags can be re-used for up to two months.
Fruit and Vegetables suitable for storage in PEAKfresh produce bags
Asparagus, avocados, baby-spinach, beans, beetroot, bok-choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, button squash, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chinese cabbage, cucumber, egg-plant, green-onions, lettuce, mesculin, mushrooms*, parsnips, parsley, peas, radish, silver beet, snow peas, spinach, sweetcorn, spring onions, tomato, zucchini and many more
Apples, apricots, berries, bananas (green), cherries, grapes, grapefruit, kiwi fruit, lemons, mandarins, mangoes, nectarine, oranges, papayas, passionfruit, peaches, pears, persimmons, plums, stone fruit, strawberries and many more
*Mushrooms are best stored in a paper bag and then PEAKfresh produce bag for added freshness.
Peakfresh USA Produce Bags
Peakfresh USA Produce Bags
These are the best in keeping your produce fresh. Make sure the produce is chilled and dry before bagging. Also squeeze out all the air before tying off. Start from the bottom of the bag and move to the top. The bottom tends to get a hole if you aren't careful. I used to another brand, but I have using these for the past 4 years.
Was this review helpful to you?
Better to use PEAKfresh rather than ordinary plastic storage bags
Posted by HeathyVeganLiving on Jun 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase
These bags increase the amount of time that you can keep your vegetables fresh in the fridge. I have found a brand that I think works a little better than these that are available at the supermarket in Australia. After discovering these bags I always put all my produce in them. Its amazing how much longer my vegetables last.
Posted by 5217660303474737048 on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase
For someone like me who stock up my fridge only once a week, this amazing product has helped my veggies to last for at least a week, sometimes even two weeks. Thumbs up!
very good for housewife
Posted by 4900367166588387833 on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase
Never see spring onion can keep for more than one week before,
Posted by 5563326912281316889 on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase
Except the string for tie up the bags, which I didn't use it as it is not user friendly, I found it really useful and effective in storing veggies and fruits
Posted by 5068658208325242394 on Jun 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase
I put half of the eggplant in the bag (unsealed), then put in the fridge. Let the moisture evaporates and the eggplant cooled to the core, then sealed the bag. The white part of the eggplant didn't turn black even after a few days! Get 5% discount with code RUB3272