Pure Indian Foods, 100% Organic Grass-Fed Ghee, 15 oz (425 g)
Flash Deals are limited time, limited quantity promotions, so act fast! Limited to: 1 unit of 1 product per order. If you order more, you will pay our regular every day low price.
Pure Indian Foods, 100% Organic Grass-Fed Ghee, 15 oz (425 g)
- Expiration Date: April 2020
Shipping Weight:1.24 lbsSwitch to Metric unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: PIF-50720
- UPC Code: 797734507201
- Package Quantity: 15 oz
2.9 x 2.9 x 5.2 in, 1.05 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- A Fifth-Generation, Family-Owned Ghee Business… Since 1889
- BPA Free
- USDA Organic
- Made in USA
- Certified Organic by NJDA
Thank you for choosing our ghee! Ghee is one of the most sacred and healing food described in the ancient Ayurveda texts. It is made by a simple process of gently simmering butter to remove potential allergens such as casein and lactose. What remains is the pure delicious butter oil, described as promoting good health. Our ghee is made from milk obtained from spring thru fall, when the cows are out to pasture eating rapidly growing fresh green grass. Our ghee never contains any artificial ingredients or harmful trans fats.
Ghee has a high smoke point (485 ºF) and it won’t burn like butter. Use it as a spread, or in place of oil or butter in your cooking . Perfect for sautes, stir-fries, sauces, and baking. Pack it up for traveling, camping, picnicking, and hiking – it’s shelf-stable and doesn’t require refrigeration.
We make this ghee with love and care, and hope you will enjoy it.
-The Agarwal Family
Snacks and Appetizers
- Toss into fresh popped popcorn or make your own: Melt ghee, add salt and popcorn, pop until done.
- Mix with good quality coarse sea salt (like Celtic Sea Salt®). Add chives and spread over pita bread.
- Mix with nut butters such as almond, peanut, cashew and others for an amazing dip for apples and other fruits.
- Stir-fry minced fresh garlic in ghee and pour over fresh hot bread.
- Saute garlic in ghee and use it to make out-of-this-world hummus.
- Spread over whole grain crackers; top with cheese.
Main courses and Soups
- Stir into piping hot soup just before serving.
- Drizzle over fish, lobster, scallops, and crab.
- Stir into hot bean dishes such as Hoppin John, or Pasta e Fagioli.
- Stir into hot daal (Indian lentil soup) before serving.
- Combine minced garlic with plenty of dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley. Add salt, pepper, and enoughghee to make an herb paste; rub into a chicken and roast until done – be sure to baste with pan juices!
Vegetable, Potato, and Grain Dishes
- Try it on hot rice - you'll never look back!
- Drizzle over fresh steamed veggies.
- Brush a layer over corn-on-the-cob.
- Stir fry greens such as kale, collards, and Swiss chard in ghee for great flavor and digestibility.
- Makes great flour and corn tortillas.
- Coat root vegetables with ghee, salt, and pepper; cover and roast at 425 F until tender.
- Ideal for Sauteing or caramelizing onions.
- Mash into hot baked potato, or stir into hot mashed potatoes.
- Rub ghee into the skins of potatoes or sweet potatoes; prick with a fork and bake at 400 F until tender.
- Saute mushrooms in ghee with a splash of wine and a pinch of salt for the best mushrooms ever!
- Spread over fresh hot Roti (Indian flat bread).
- Stir hot rice, quinoa, buckwheat, couscous or millet in hot ghee for 5 minutes; add liquid and cook as directed.
- Mash into baked potatoes with sour cream and chives.
- Mix 2 tsp ghee with 1 tsp carob powder and a few drops of agave nectar; spread over rice cakes for a quick gluten free dessert.
- Use in cakes and cookies; they'll taste great and keep fresh longer.
- Melt chocolate; add a spoonful of ghee and enough powdered sugar to make a glaze. Use for cakes, quick breads or cookies.
- Stir a tsp into hot pudding before cooling - fantastic!
- Saute sliced apples or pears in ghee; sprinkle on some raw sugar and cinnamon; top with ice cream or yogurt.
- Mix ghee and coconut oil; Saute bananas with brown sugar; top with cream or ice cream.
- Ghee is the secret to making perfect Hollandaise Sauce; it's a perfect butter substitute and it's easy to work with.
- Delicious in Bolognese Sauce as is or with olive oil.
- Mix 1/2 cup melted ghee with 1/2 cup olive oil; refrigerate in container with lid and use for Sauteing, spreading, and in sauces calling for olive oil.
- Simmer ghee, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and a sprig of fresh thyme. Add salt and pour over cooked fish.
- Spread on toast, muffins and bagels - unlike cold butter, ghee spreads easily.
- Stir into oatmeal or cream of wheat just before serving.
- Scramble or fry eggs in ghee - they won't stick to the pan.
- Make a French-style omelet with ghee; it's firm and won’t turn brown like with butter.
- Use to Saute lean turkey bacon; works great, tastes great, and won't stick to the pan.
- Warm maple syrup with ghee; drizzle over hot blueberry, buttermilk, or buckwheat pancakes.
- Saute veggies such as onion, tomato, and mushrooms in ghee; whisk in beaten eggs and make a breakfast frittata.
- Make French toast; brown in ghee for great flavor!
Out of the ordinary
- Pack it up for traveling, camping, picnicking, and hiking - it's shelf-stable and doesn't need refrigeration.
- Massage into skin instead of lotion or massage oil; it keeps skin and joints supple.
- Keep lips moist: use ghee in place of lip balm.
- Rub ghee into cuticles to help keep nails in good shape.
- Enjoy straight out of the jar! :)
- Use in place of regular butter for Sauteing; it doesn't smoke or burn as easily.
- Use in dairy-free recipes; milk solids are removed from ghee during the clarification process.
- Use in place of vegetable oil for basting, Sauteing, and broiling.
- Use in place of butter for drizzling over veggies, toast, pancakes, waffles, grain dishes, fish, poultry, and meats.
100% organic pasteurized butter (made from non-homogenized whole milkfrom grass-fed cows).
No GMOs, no added salt, no preservatives, no trans fats.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place. Use a clean and dry spoon to take ghee out of the jar. Use within 3 months after opening or refrigerate until the Best By date. As with any natural product, color and texture may vary.
|Serving Size: 1 Tbsp (14 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 30|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat||9 g||45%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.