Bob's Red Mill, Fava Bean Flour, 24 oz (680 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Shipping Weight:1.83 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: BRM-00644
- UPC Code: 039978006448
- Package Quantity: 24 oz (680 g)
2.5 x 4 x 7.1 in, 1.55 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- To Your Good Health... Bob Moore
- 100% Stone Ground
- Gluten Free
- You Can See Our Quality
A wonderful large "old world" bean sometimes confused with the lima bean. In truth it is world's apart because of its earthly flavor. The beans we use have had their tough, wrinkled, dark brown skins removed by blanching, leaving only the creamy tan "essence" of the dried bean. We mill these beans on our century-old millstones. The flour we create is a beautifully fine granulation Fava Bean Flour expressly for your cooking and baking needs.
Bob's Red Mill product labeled Gluten Free are batch tested in our quality control laboratory. We use an ELISA Gluten Assay test to determine if a product is gluten free.
Keep best refrigerated or frozen.
Delicious Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free Fava Bean Flour
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon, Saigon (Premium)
- 1/8 tsp. Cardamon
- 1/8 tsp. Mace (Ground)
- 1 1/2 cups Mashed Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup Raisins (Golden)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9" x 5" nonstick pan (or two 5" x 2-1/2" pans) with cooking spray, set aside. Cream the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Mix together the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and spices. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Stir in nuts and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Bake the 9" x 5" pan for 1 hour, bake the 5" x 2-1/2" pans for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack before cutting.
Yield: 8 servings.
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (33 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 20 (per 24 oz bag)|
|Amount Per Serving:||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g||33%|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|