DeLallo, Elbows No. 52, 100% Organic Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz (454 g)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Expiration Date:Expiration Date
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight:1.18 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: LAL-50856
- UPC Code: 072368508566
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (454 g)
2.2 x 3.8 x 6.8 in, 1 lbsSwitch to Metric units
|Combo Discount:||- $1.75|
- Since 1950
- 100% Organic
- Cook 6 Min.
- 100% Whole Grains 20 g or More Per Serving
- Eat 48 g or More of Whole Grains Daily
- USDA Organic
- Kosher Parve
- Certified Organic by ICEA
Our authentic Italian, whole wheat pasta begins in the durum wheat fields of Puglia, Italy, where climate & soil produce premium organic grain.
This grain is expertly milled with the texture of semolina for a superior feel & flavor, while retaining all its healthy, whole wheat goodness. At DeLallo, we take time with your pasta.
Our dough is slow kneaded with cool, spring water and dried at low temperatures, so that your pasta keeps its fresh-bread taste and cooks "al dente" every time.
At DeLallo, we use only one ingredient: 100% organic whole wheat. No additives or enriched flour.
Once the most common of short cuts, elbows are most often dressed in creamy cheese sauces that are easily caught in their hollow, curved tubes.
Pasta by the Pound
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Before pasta, add approx. 1/4 cup salt.
- Add pasta to water and stir.
- To bring water back to a boil, cover with lid.
- Once boiling, remove lid, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook for approx. 6 minutes.
- Drain (never rinse) and immediately toss with desired sauce in a saucepan.
- Cook together for about 2 minutes on high heat to marry flavors, and serve.
- Cooking pasta is not an exact science. Continually check your pasta for al dente texture.
- Remove pasta from water just before it is done, as it will continue to cook once drained.
- Save 1-2 cups of pasta water to enhance your sauces.
- For oil-based sauces, adding pasta water smoothes & loosens sauce to help coat pasta.
- For red sauces, adding pasta water helps to extend thicker sauces.
Organic whole wheat semolina.
|Serving Size: 2 oz (56 g) dry|
|Servings Per Container: 8|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Values*|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|
|Total Fat||Less than||65 g||80 g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||20 g||25 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300 mg||300 mg|
|Sodium||Less than||2,400 mg||2,400 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||300 g||375 g|
|Dietary Fiber||25 g||30 g|
|Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4
DeLallo Elbow Whole Wheat Pasta is a wonderful product
Posted by 5749478245325914667 on Mar 24, 2017
This is my second order to DeLallo, Elbows No. 52 100% Organic Whole Wheat Pasta. Both orders were for six packages. Free Shipping. The service by iHerb was excellent and my order arrived quickly, both times. I will certainly continue to order from iHerb. This particular whole wheat pasta (and organic to boot!) is a very good brand tastes great, and when I could no longer find it at my grocery store, I search on-line and found iHerb. Now I'm a fan of iHerb.
Posted by 4665263242203976247 on Feb 25, 2017
Not bad, nothing really special expect healthy
Great to be able to eat whole wheat in Japan
Posted by 5086018637494717283 on Oct 02, 2016
It's difficult to find whole wheat pasta in Japan... it's great to have a mail order option.
Kids love it!
Posted by 5479420659352045508 on Jun 17, 2015
Love this whole wheat macaroni. It's healthy, tastes great, cooks fast, and the kids love it. Couldn't ask for more.