Frontier Natural Products, Organic Garam Masala, 16 oz (453 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Shipping Weight:1.24 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: FRO-02722
- UPC Code: 089836027221
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (453 g)
1.7 x 7.7 x 6.2 in, 1.05 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by QAI
An all-purpose, spicy warm (but not hot) Indian seasoning, Garam Masala is a traditional ingredient in Indian tandoori, samosas, kormas, and dahl.
Indian cooks use it primarily to flavor meat and poultry, and they most often add it just before serving rather than during cooking. Recipes for masalas vary according to regions, as well as individual cooks, who often concoct a new masala for each dish as needed. This rich, slightly sweet blend will save you that step and still deliver authentic Indian flavor.
- Add to soups and stews.
- Use as a rub for poultry or meat before roasting, broiling, or grilling, or sprinkle on before serving.
- Combine with cooked lentils to make a simple dahl.
- Blend with a little water to make a thick paste. Serve to the side of meat, fish, or poultry, for dipping.
- Blend with softened butter and serve over cooked green beans, parsnips, potatoes, carrots or squash.
- Add to sour cream or yogurt for a dip or baked potato topping.
- Use to season onion-based meat and poultry sauces.
- Add to pilaf and other grain dishes.
- Whip up a simple, cooling Indian raita by combining sliced cucumber with plain yogurt seasoned with Garam Masala. Serve with spicy dishes. (You can substitute other vegetables, or even fruits like mangos or bananas, for the cucumbers.)
Organic cardamom, organic cinnamon, organic chives, organic cumin, organic black pepper, organic coriander.