King Arthur Flour, Finely Ground White Corn Organic Masa Harina Flour, 2 lbs (907 g)
- Date First Available: October 14 2021
Shipping Weight:2.4 lbsSwitch to Metric unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: KNG-06013
- UPC Code: 071012060139
- Package Quantity: 32 oz
7 x 7.85 x 3.85 in, 2.03 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- 100% Employee Owned
- ESTD 1790
- For Soft, Homestyle Corn Tortillas
- Certified Gluten Free
- Non GMO Project Verified
- USDA Organic
- Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
- Certified B Corporation
- Perfect for Homestyle Corn Tortillas, Tamales & Pupusas
Organic Masa Harina
Our Masa Harina (or dough flour) is made from organic white corn that is 100% American-grown and milled. The Masa is prepared in the traditional manner beginning with soaking the corn with lime to deliver incredible flavor and texture. Because it's super finely ground, it is easy to work with when preparing tortillas, tamales, and pupusas. Try it as a breading or to thicken soups.
Tips for Making Tortillas
- If using a stand mixer, remember to make enough masa to allow the paddle to work effectively, at least 2 cups of flour.
- If making tortillas for later, add 1 teaspoon oil per cup of Masa Harina and your tortillas will stay soft and flexible when reheated.
- Leftover prepared masa may be wrapped and chilled for 2 to 3 days before using.
Our Recipe for Homestyle Corn Tortillas
2 cups (185 g) King Arthur Organic Masa Harina Flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (340 g) warm water
- Mix the dough: In a large, shallow bowl, stir together the Masa Harina and salt, gradually stirring in the warm water until evenly wet. Knead the dough in the bowl until smooth, and somewhat firm, about 5 to 10 minutes. If dough is dry or crumbly knead in extra water a teaspoonful at a time.
- Rest the dough: Cover the bowl and let the dough rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Portion the dough: Divide the dough into 16 pieces (30 g to 35 g). Roll each piece into a ball and cover.
- Press the tortillas: Place a dough ball between two pieces of plastic wrap in a tortilla press. Gently press down to form a 4" to 5" tortilla about 1/8" thick.
- Cook the tortillas: Heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet (or comal) over medium-high heat. Peel the tortilla away from the plastic wrap and lay it in the skillet. Cook the tortillas for 40 to 60 seconds per side, flipping it once. Wrap the cooked tortillas in a kitchen towel to keep them soft. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Yield: 16 medium (5" diameter) tortillas.
Certified organic white corn treated with hydrated lime.
Do not eat raw flour, dough, or batter.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.
|Serving Size: 1/3 cup (30 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
|Total Sugars||0 g|
|Includes 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|