Kirkman Labs, EFA Powder, 16 oz (454 g) (Discontinued Item)
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Shipping Weight:1.36 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: KIM-98801
- UPC Code: 999999988010
- Package Quantity: 16 oz (454 g)
3.6 x 3.6 x 5.8 in, 1.15 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- An Omega-3/Omega-6 Flaxseed Supplement
- Casein & Gluten Free
- Food Supplement
Tested for more than 950 contaminants!
- Heavy Metals
- Pesticides & More...
Kirkman's EFA Powder is a multifunctional nutritional food that has excellent rationale in supporting good health. It supplies omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, along with much needed protein and fiber, in a pleasant tasting, easy to use (see next section) form that makes it easy for parents to supplement these important nutrients to the whole family.
EFA stands for “essential fatty acids.” The word "essential" as used in describing omega-3 and omega-6 compounds means that the body cannot produce them on its own, so they must be consumed in our diet. Essential fatty acids are either omega-3 oils or omega-6 oils. Some sources of omega-3 are: cod liver oil, fish oils, flax oil, flaxseed and leafy green vegetables. Some nuts also contain omega-3s (e.g. walnuts). Omega-6 sources are: corn oil, wheat germ oil, soy oil, borage oil, evening primrose oil, black current oil plus many other cooking oils.
Children and adults: Five grams daily, or as directed by a physician. Each five grams (one heaping teaspoon) of EFA supplies:
- 1.2 grams of Omega-3 fatty acids
- 0.3 grams of Omega-6 fatty acids
- 1.2 grams Dietary Fiber
- 1.1 grams Protein (containing all essential Amino Acids)
Milled stabilized flaxseed.
Free of: Sugar, starch, soy, wheat, casein, gluten, milk, corn, egg, preservatives, yeast, gelatin, fish, peanuts, tree nuts, artificial flavorings or colorings.
Contains amino acids and fiber.
Refrigerate after opening.
Keep out of the reach of children
|Serving Size: 5 grams (1 heaping teaspoon)|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||2.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.5 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g||6%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|