Life Extension, Calorie Control Complex with Phase 3 and African Mango, 120 Vegetarian Capsules
- Date First Available: January 28 2010
Shipping Weight:0.35 lbsSwitch to Metric unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product code: LEX-14921
- UPC Code: 737870149217
- Package Quantity: 120 Count
2.5 x 2.5 x 5 in, 0.3 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Supports Weight Management and Metabolic Wellness†
- Gluten Free
- Certified Authentic Irvingia
- Non GMO LE Certified
- Dietary Supplement
The Optimized African Mango Irvingia with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex formulation provides a combination of natural compounds from African mango (irvingia), green tea and white kidney bean extract to combat age-related fat accumulation via distinct mechanisms.
Harness the power of African mango irvingia, green tea and white kidney extract to help maintain a healthy body weight.
Optimized African Mango Irvingia Benefits
- Supports healthy insulin metabolism with Phase 3™
- Sucrase Inhibitor Promotes healthy resting metabolic rates & helps inhibit dietary fat absorption with green tea extract
- Helps delay digestion & absorption of starch calories with white kidney bean extract
What is African Mango Irvingia?
Irvingia gabonensis is an African tree that produces the African mango fruit, the extract of which promotes satiety and a healthy body weight.
Why add white kidney bean extract?
White kidney bean extract helps modulate levels of stomach hormones that produce feelings of satiety that convert dietary starch into simple sugars.
Optimized African Mango (Irvingia) with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex provides a combination of innovative compounds to combat fat accumulation via the following distinct mechanisms:
- Delaying digestion and absorption of sucrose.
- Enhancing resting energy expenditure at the cellular level.
- Moderating alpha-amylase enzyme activity to inhibit the absorption of carbohydrates.
- Reducing alpha-glucosidase enzyme activity to further inhibit the absorption of starches and sugars.
- Supporting leptin sensitivity to stimulate lipolysis.
- Supporting youthful levels of adiponectin to help maintain healthy insulin response.
- Moderating glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase enzyme activity to inhibit the conversion of starches to triglycerides and stored as fat.
Phase 3™ is a patented compound that contains L-Arabinose, a natural substance found in plants that reduces the number of absorbed calories from sugar. Phase 3™ can help support healthy insulin metabolism and help maintain already-healthy blood sugar levels.
Green Tea Phytosome
Mounting scientific research has documented the metabolic effects of green tea polyphenols. A proprietary phytosome complex has been shown to promote absorption of green tea polyphenols, resulting in peak plasma levels of the critical green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate.
The Alpha-Amylase Enzyme
Glucose and triglyceride metabolism often declines with age. The alpha-amylase enzyme plays a role in the digestion of dietary carbohydrates and subsequent absorption of calories from starch and sugar. A natural bean extract (Phaseolus vulgaris) helps moderate alpha-amylase activity.
The Alpha-Glucosidase Enzyme
Alpha-glucosidase is another intestinal enzyme that enables carbohydrate absorption. A patented seaweed extract (InSea2®) has demonstrated the ability to help maintain healthy levels of both alpha-glucosidase and alpha-amylase.
By taking nutrients before each meal that reduce the activity of carbohydrate and fat digesting enzymes, the calorie burden is significantly reduced. Optimized Irvingia provides the same InSea2® extract used in laboratory studies.
Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough. Leptin can also promote the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipocytes via the process of lipolysis. Overweight individuals often have high blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to inhibit them from putting on so many fat pounds.
An extract from an African mango (Irvingia gabonensis) has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people. In published studies, irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline. In addition to supporting healthy leptin sensitivity, irvingia has demonstrated other beneficial effects on key aspects of metabolism:
- Irvingia has been shown to inhibit the activity of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (G3PD), which may help inhibit the impact of starch and sugar calories on body fat. G3PD is an enzyme involved in converting ingested starch and sugar calories into stored body fat.
- Research suggests that irvingia has alpha-amylase-inhibiting properties. This may help inhibit the rate of carbohydrate absorption from the intestines and reduce the caloric impact of starch and sugar.
- Adiponectin is a hormone that helps to maintain insulin sensitivity in energy-producing cells. Scientific data suggests that irvingia helps support healthy adiponectin levels.
Optimized Irvingia with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex is an innovative multi-modal approach to weight loss with an additional benefit. By helping to slow the absorption of starchy food or sugars, it reduces their caloric impact.
†This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Result may vary.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take two (2) capsules twice daily 15 minutes before meals. Best if taken before meals containing carbohydrates or starches, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), lecithin, gum arabic, stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate, maltodextrin.
Caution: If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.
|Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (typical value naturally occurring from kelp and bladderwrack)||25 mcg||17%|
|Chromium (as Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix)||100 mcg||286%|
|Integra-Lean® African Mango (Irvingia gabonensis) proprietary extract (seed)||150 mg||**|
|Calorie Control Complex providing:|
InSea® [proprietary composition of demineralized polyphenols from brown seaweeds kelp and bladderwrack]
|TeaSlender™ Green Tea Phytosome|
Green Tea Phytosome decaffeinated extract (leaf) containing std. green tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine (from lecithin)
|Phase 2® white kidney (bean) extract||445 mg||**|
|Phase 3™ Sucrase Inhibitor L-Arabinose and Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix (supplying 475 mg L-arabinose and 100 mcg chromium in a food bound state)||550 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established|