Life Extension, Optimized African Mango Irvingia, 120 Veggie Caps
Life Extension, Optimized African Mango Irvingia, 120 Veggie Caps
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Expiration Date:Expiration Date
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight:0.35 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: LEX-14921
- UPC Code: 737870149217
- Package Quantity: 120 Veggie Caps
2.5 x 2.5 x 5 in, 0.3 lbsSwitch to Metric units
This product contains Irvingia Gabonensis, also known as African Mango.
|Combo Discount:||- $4.00|
Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough. Leptin can also facilitate the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipocytes via the process of lipolysis. Heavy individuals have startlinglyhigh blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to prevent them from putting on so many fat pounds.
An extract from an African mango called Irvingia gabonensis has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people. In a recently published study,irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline. In addition tosupporting healthy leptin sensitivity, irvingia has demonstrated the following beneficial effects on key aspects of metabolism:
- Glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is an enzyme involved in the complex biochemical process that converts ingested starch and sugar calories to stored body fat. Irvingia has been shown in studies involving fat cells to reduce the activity of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, which may help reduce the impact of starch and sugar calories on body fat.
- Scientific research on fat cells suggests that irvingia has alpha-amylase inhibiting properties (like InSea2 and Phaseolus vulgaris) which can help support a slowing of the rate of carbohydrate absorption from the intestines and a reduction of the caloric impact of starchy and sugary foods.
- Adiponectin is a hormone involved in helping to maintain insulin sensitivity on the membranes of energy-producing cells. Big fat cells produceless adiponectin, and overweight people need to be especially concerned about maintaining healthy levels of adiponectin to support insulin sensitivity and metabolic fitness. Scientific data suggests that irvingia helps support healthy adiponectin levels.
Based on impressive human clinical data that irvingia supports weight loss of over 20 pounds on average in 10 weeks, this standalone extract of Integra-Lean African Mango Irvingia is also available to help promote optimal weight.
Read the entire label and follow the directions carefully prior to use.
Take two (2) capsules twice daily 15 minutes before meals. Best if taken before meals containing carbohydrates or starches, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate.
Sealed for your protection
Caution: Because this product may lower blood glucose, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking blood glucose lowering medication.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
|Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Servings per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Iodine (typical value naturally occurring from Ascophyllum nodosum and Fucus vesiculosus)||25 mcg||17%|
|Chromium (as Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix)||100 mcg||83%|
|Integra-Lean African Mango (Irvingia gabonensis) proprietary extract (seed)||150 mg||**|
|Calorie Control Complex providing:
InSea [proprietary composition of demineralized polyphenols from brown seaweeds Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) and Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus)]
|TeaSlender Green Tea Phytosome
Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) Phytosome decaffeinated extract (leaf) containing standardized green tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine (from lecithin)
|Phase 2 Phaseolus vulgaris white kidney (bean) extract||445 mg||**|
|Phase 3 Sucrase Inhibitor L-Arabinose and Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix (supplying 475 mg L-arabinose and 100 mcg chromium in a food bound state)||550 mg||**|
|**Daily Value not established.|
Posted by 5718701590162893215 on Aug 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase
I ate lesser after taking this supplement. Got all my Iherbs supplements super fast. I'm living in Japan.
Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Dec 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase
This irvingia formulation helps me to lower my blood sugar, I have been able to reduce my insulin, furthermore it helps with blood pressure better than supplements designed to have that effect,and finally it has helped with visceral fat reduction. Irvingia increases adiponectin which helps with fat burning and also helps with inflammation. Adiponectin lowers high tnf-a levels according to science. Adiponectin in adequate amounts produced by the body helps to regulate the appetite.
Did not help with weight loss
Posted by Reviewer3213283 on Mar 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase
I have been using African Mango for a few weeks now and was hoping to see some of the effects on fat metabolism indicated by the research (https://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/ss2008_report_more-weight-loss.htm), but sadly I have experienced no weight loss or change in level of hunger whatsoever. :(
I cannot tell if it works or not!
Posted by Reviewer1876891 on Dec 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase
I have been taking this religiously before meals but honestly, I can't tell if it's made any difference, I am gaining weight over the holidays even when I take it. It seems to make no difference whether I take it or not.
Posted by Reviewer2462666 on Nov 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase
Doesn't perform miracles but does take the edge off hunger and slow down my eating, which reduces the urgency of hunger and takes stress off mealtimes.