Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima, For All Ages, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to (5%)% of the value of your order after discounts and credits applied, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 90 days from the date of your last purchase.
Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima, For All Ages, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
Expiration Date:Expiration Date
The length of time for the expiration date or "best used before" date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.
Perishable items (such as flax oils or certain probiotics) generally have shorter expiration dates. Although our warehouse is fully air-conditioned, these more fragile items are put in cold storage (freezer or refrigeration unit) for maximum freshness.
Our receiving department does its best to verify and then enter the correct expiration dates for all incoming products. However, discrepancies do occur from time to time. This being said, the exceptionally high turnover at iHerb ensures that our inventory is among the freshest in the industry.
Shipping Weight:0.79 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: NWY-15653
- UPC Code: 033674156537
- Package Quantity: 60 Veggie Caps
2.1 x 2.1 x 4.2 in, 0.15 lbsSwitch to Metric units
This product is kept refrigerated to ensure maximum freshness.
- Synergistic Probiotic -More Strains than Other Brands
- Once Daily
- For Healthy Digestive Flora
- 14 Probiotic Strains
- With NutraFlora scFOS Synergistic Action
- True Identity- Lactobacillus & Bifidobacterium Super Blend
- True Release- Targeted Delivery Enteric-Coated
- True Potency 35 Billion CFU
- Dietary Supplement
- True Guarantee Probiotic
- Enhanced with NutraFlora
Replenish Microflora with Primadophilus Optima
Primadophilus Optima is a potent (35 billion CFUs) and diverse (14 strains) formula of probiotics for intestinal microflora.
Why 14 Probiotic Strains?
- Like a fingerprint, each individual has a unique balance of strains in their microflora
- Primadophilus Optima provides a broad diversity of strains commonly found in the human digestive tract
- Each strain provides its own unique benefits
With NutraFlora scFOS
- Unique "short-chain" form of FOS
- Preferred food source for microflora
- Promotes microflora growth & colonization
- More effective than other FOS forms
Importance of Microflora
The "friendly" bacteria of the intestinal tract are essential to good health because they:
- Secrete enzymes to aid proper digestion
- Produce organic compounds that inhibit the reproduction of harmful bacteria
- Boost immune function
Stress, poor diet, age and changes in lifestyle can adversely affect microflora.
Exclusively backed by True Guarantee
- True Potency ensures 35 billion CFUs per capsule for the entire shelf life
- True Identity ensures only the strains listed on the label are found in the product
- True Release enteric-coating ensures stomach acid survival and intestinal delivery
Unique Advantages of Primadophilus Optima
- Offers a diverse and unique probiotic combination
- 35 billion CFUs (colony forming units) per capsule of 14 synergistic strains
- Designed to meet the needs of all ages
- With NutraFlora scFOS
- Suitable for vegetarians
Take 1 capsule daily. Keep refrigerated to maintain maximum potency.
Potato starch, plant-derived capsule (hypromellose), aqueous-enteric coating (hypromellose), magnesium stearate, ethylcellulose, sodium alginate, ascorbic acid, medium-chain triglycerides, oleic acid, stearic acid.
Contains milk and soy.
Keep out of reach of children. Safety sealed with printed outer shrinkwrap and inner seal. Do not use if either is broken or missing.
If pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult a healthcare professional before use.
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Proprietary Probiotic Blend providing 35 Billion CFU||263 mg||**|
|Lactobacillus plantarum - 119|
|Bifidobacterium breve - 129|
|Lactobacillus casei - 108|
|Lactobacillus acidophilus - 122|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus - 111|
|Lactobacillus paracasei - 196|
|Bifidobacterium longum - 135|
|Lactobacillus rhamnosus - 114|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum - 132|
|Streptococcus thermophilus - 110|
|Bifidobacterium infantis - 116|
|Lactobacillus delbrueckii |
subsp. bulgaricus - 137
|Lactobacillus helveticus - 501|
|Lactobacillus salivarius - 118|
|NutraFlora scFOS |
|** Daily Value (DV) not established.|
I had ulcerative colitis for over 5 years and had a surgery performed in 2002 to remove my colon, - Restorative Proctocolectomy. After the surgery, I had a number of episodes of Pouchitis, which is treated with antibiotics. My surgeon suggested I try Probiotics on a daily basis to see if there is a reduction in the recurrance of Pouchitis. I tried a number of Probiotics, with some benefits. Then, on searching the web for Probiotics, I came across the 'Nature's Way, Primadophilus Optima 35 Billion CFU'. I have been taking one capsule on a daily basis for the past six months and only had two bouts of Pouchitis which was a great change form the four in six months I use to have before. I am hoping and feel confident that with the continued use of this product, the recurrance of Pouchitis will be completely eliminated. Thank you. Elias Varachia
Was this review helpful to you?
Posted by iHerb Customer on February 12 2018 | Verified Purchase
Taken it for about 1 month but do not see any improvement. A pity that it doesn't work for me. I have been trying many brands and there is 1 brand that works much better for me so I will be sticking to that brand. It is quite an expensive probiotics so I am quite disappointed
Posted by iHerb Customer on November 15 2017 | Verified Purchase
Price and quality are great
TJhis product has great features.
Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11 2017 | Verified Purchase
This product has great features. But the price of this site is higher than the others~
Super probiotics! 14 bacterial strains!
Posted by iHerb Customer on October 28 2014 | Verified Purchase
I ordered Primadophilus cause I suffered from a bad case of intestinal candida. This product helped a lot rebalance the normal gut flora. 14 strains of probiotics is an excellent number!
Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16 2012 | Verified Purchase
I received my product pretty fast without the ice pack. However, I just noticed on Luckyvitamin dot com that they state product is temperature sensitive and they ship with ice pack just like the way they receive the product from the manufactuer. Now I am worried my product is weak or no good. I went to manufactuers web site and did not see any info written that it was ok to send without ice pack. I have contacted their customer support under FAQ link to verify if ok to ship without ice pack. Big price difference too $27.31 vs $37.48. http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Probiotics/15783-Primadophilus-Optima-High-Potency.aspx http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-11301-natures-way-primadophilus-optima-60-vegetarian-capsules UPDATE: I just received response back from Natures Way customer support. They validated info iherb states...ok to ship without ice pack. They also re-stated the following: "Primadophilus can be out of refrigeration for a few days without losing the potency. We add extra cultures to allow for the product to be out of refrigeration for shipping and manufacturing. But for maintaining the potency through the expiration date the product should be stored in the refrigerator."