NaturOli, Organic, Hand-Sort Select Soap Nuts With 1 Muslin Drawstring Bag, 4 oz
Flash Deals are limited time, limited quantity promotions, so act fast! Limited to: 1 unit of 1 flash deal product per order. If you order more than one unit or re-order or order other flash deals, you will pay our regular low price. Flash Deals are ineligible from all other promotions.
NaturOli, Organic, Hand-Sort Select Soap Nuts With 1 Muslin Drawstring Bag, 4 oz
- Expiration Date: November 2020
Shipping Weight:0.53 lbsSwitch to Metric unitsShipping WeightThe Shipping Weight includes the product, protective packaging material and the actual shipping box. In addition, the Shipping Weight may be adjusted for the Dimensional Weight (e.g. length, width & height) of a package. It is important to note that certain types of products (e.g. glass containers, liquids, fragile, refrigerated or ice packed) will often require protective packaging material. As such, these products will reflect a higher Shipping Weight compared to the unprotected product.
- Product Code: NOL-00202
- UPC Code: 897406002024
- Package Quantity: 4 oz
6.2 x 3.4 x 3.5 in, 0.45 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Sapindus Mukorossi
- Sun-Dried, De-Seeded Soap Berries
- USDA & Ecocert Certified Organic
- Sorted, Inspected & Packaged in the USA
- Winner of Green Dot Awards
- Think Green - Think Future
About Soap Nuts
Soap Nuts (Soap Berries) are a gift from Mother Nature, a sustainable natural resource that grows wild (from sapindus trees). The dried fruit produce a "soap" (saponin) - the ultimate 100% natural laundry detergent and cleanser! It leaves your laundry clean and fresh. So gentle, they are superb for delicate fabrics. They are very effective in removing soil and odors while leaving fabrics soft and absorbent. If you have allergies, are sensitive to commercial chemicals and fragrances, have MCS, or just want to do your part for a healthier green earth, soap nuts are the answer.
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, eco-friendly and biodegradable
- Low sudsing - perfect for high efficiency (he) washers
- Free of synthetic chemicals, fillers, toxins, dyes and perfumes
- Ideal for cloth cotton diaper laundering
- Imported only from Fair Trade, Co-op suppliers
- NaturOil Soap Nuts are cleaned, sorted & packaged in the USA
NaturOil Nuts soap nuts are the highest grade and quality. Only premium soap berries are harvested at their optimal time to ensure maximum soap saponin content that meets our standards. They are then de-seeded by hand. We take many extra steps to ensure that your soap nuts are the absolute finest. We never compromise on quality in any way.
As homemade liquid, powder, or our Extreme 18X concentrate, soap nuts offer a plethora of green, cleansing uses - both for household and personal care. Inherent healthy and nourishing properties will leave skin conditioned. Throw away those rubber gloves. Experiment and adjust amounts used depending upon your desired results.
Use as raw nuts, powder or in liquid form
Raw Soap Nuts (traditional method):
- Put 5 to 6 soap nuts or equivalent amount of pieces, (about 1/2 ounce), in muslin drawstring bag. Tie bag securely.
- Toss directly into washing machine before adding clothes
- Remove from washer at end of wash. Allow bag to dry unless doing another load. You may remove them prior to the rinse cycle to extend usefulness. They are not harmed by drying in the dryer.
- Re-use 4 to 7 times
- Note for cold water: Soak soap nuts in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to expedite saturation. Pour water & bag in the laundry. Or simply allow to soak longer during pre-wash. Contrary to what some think, raw soap nuts work fine in cold water. Being very well saturated is the key. See "Tips" about conditioning water and more.
Soap Nuts are no longer effective when they stop producing soap, turn soft, mushy, grayish in color, and become very thin.
- Put 2 or 3 teaspoons of fine grind in wash water. Wash as usual.
Liquid: (Homemade soap nut liquid or Extreme 18X)
- Dependent upon potency use as needed. Use 18X as directed.
- Wash as usual. It's good to use a little in the prewash cycle.
All forms are excellent for hand washing fine fabrics.
Laundry Usage Tips
- Don't overstuff loads! Good water flow, circulation & agitation are musts for achieving best results.
- Pre-soaking & use of pre-soak cycle can improve results dramatically
- Soap nuts aren't for tough stain removal. Pre-treat as usual if needed.
- Don't expect lots of suds. Suds will dissipate quickly. There are no commercial chemical foaming agents added that create suds.
- Heat simply accelerates saponin release. It is not required.
- Allow soap nuts to dry between wash days. Best if re-wet before use.
- Hard water may require more soap nuts. Also try softening salts, washing soda and/or vinegar to help soften water.
- No need for softeners or dryer sheets. Laundry will be very soft.
- Soap nuts have a light vinegarish smell, but your laundry will smell clean & fresh with no scent at all.
- If you prefer a scent, add an essential oil of choice on an absorbent cloth & use it like a dryer sheet.
- For bright whites & colors, try an oxygen bleach. Occasionally a standard bleach may be desired for super whites.
- Great for cotton cloth diapers. Fibers will remain free of residue, therefore increasing absorbency. Contact manufacturer or customer service about diapers and specialty fabrics & materials.
- Start fresh. Run a couple of loads with rags to purge washer of old residue.
- Above all, have realistic expectations. Soap nuts are an alternative to harsh chemical detergents. Nothing does everything.
Making Powder or Liquid
- Grind soap nuts in a blender or coffee grinder. (A coffee grinder works great.) Grind to a very fine powder for laundry, Make a courser, more abrasive grind for scouring and scrubbing needs
- This may require a couple grindings. Remove un-ground pieces.
- Place soap nuts in water (whole or piece are fine). Bring to a boil and simmer. Cool and strain. The ratio of soap nuts to water, plus "cooking" time will affect the liquid's concentration and potency. Experiment until desired results are acquired. There is no wrong way of cooking them into a liquid. Liquids will vary accordingly.
- The saponin (soap) is extracted from the nuts when they turn very light tan/gray, are very mushy, and lack a slippery, soapy feel. Spent shells are great for compost, or to add nutrients into the soil of garden or house plants. They are 100% biodegradable.
- Store your homemade liquid in an airtight glass jar in a cool place away from direct sunlight. As with any unpreserved, water-based botanical extract, soap nut liquid has a limited shell life. Freeze or refrigerate to extend shelf life.
Other Soap Nut Uses:
- Non-streak glass & window cleaner
- All-purpose kitchen and bathroom cleaner
- Perfect for washing fruits and vegetables
- Gentle dish detergent. Not recommended for most dishwashers
- Excellent for stainless steel, polished granite, tile and counter tops
- High sheen jewelry cleaner
- Low sudsing carpet cleaner for ultra-soft carpets and rugs
- Wash water is excellent for watering yard and plants
- Effective plant spray for a non-toxic pest deterrent
- Gentle car wash (won't remove wax)
- Biodegradable soap - a camper's dream. Even helps ward off insects
- Gentle, non-irritating, chemical free washing and bathing
- Conditioning hair and skin treatments. Excellent for most with eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, dandruff, itchy scalp & other irritating skin conditions. An initial patch test is recommended
- The ultimate pet shampoo. Leaves coats with a healthy sheen while leaving skin soft and nourished. Also helps deter fleas, ticks and other common pests
Keep away from children & pets. Not for consumption. May be harmful if ingested.
While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.