Now Foods, Sprouting Jar, 1/2 Gallon
- You earn loyalty credit for every order you place at iHerb!
- Loyalty credit is equal to 5% of the value of your order, excluding shipping charges.
- Your loyalty credit will be applied towards your next order as soon as your current order has shipped.
- Your loyalty credits are valid for up to 60 days from the date of your last purchase.
Shipping Weight:3.11 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- Product Code: NOW-07350
- UPC Code: 733739073501
- Package Quantity: 1/2 Gallon
8.8 x 4.4 x 4.4 in, 1.85 lbsSwitch to Metric units
- With Stainless Steel Screen Top
- For Fresh, Tasty and Healthy Sprouts
1) Place two tablespoons of sprouting seeds or 1/2 cup of legumes/grains in a sprouting jar with three times as much water as seeds. Soak overnight. For many small seeds, five hours of soaking is sufficient.
2) Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh, lukewarm water and drain again. For well drained seeds/spouts, lay jar at an angle in a warm (70ºF), dark place.
3) Rinse and drain seeds twice a day. In hot and dry weather, you may need to rinse the seeds three times a day. In very humid weather, the seeds should be kept in a dry place. Turn jar over gently. Overturning the jar rapidly will cause shifting in the sprouting seeds. This can break the tender shoots and kill the spout. This breakage causes the sprout to spoil. Sprouts should be ready to eat in 3-5 days, depending on the seed used. Put in sunlight during the last day to add chlorophyll.
Size and simplicity
Size and simplicity
This thing was much bigger than I thought it would be and has no problem at all covering all my sprouting needs and more. It also seems very durable. Came with instructions right there on the bottle as well as a mini-pamphlet with some more info and recipes. A supporting stand would be a bonus, but is not missed.
Best price on the market.
Posted by Reviewer1218250 on Mar 06, 2017
I bought three of these. I bought them one by one when I bought other things I included them in order to get free shipping. Good product.
Works very well!
Posted by 4958228901631246510 on Mar 05, 2017
This product works exactly as described - I live in a very humid climate and the sprouts still grew extremely well.
Posted by 5238565849570274958 on Nov 30, 2016
This large, durable jar not only makes sprouting easy, but also makes a pretty addition to a kitchen shelf or window sill. Awesome value for the price!
Posted by 4898291481074540476 on Nov 12, 2016
I am very happy with this jar. I can sprout up to 500 g of rye/wheat/rice in it. Very good buy.
Posted by 5172156853442239175 on Oct 14, 2016
Great for sprouting or general storage of anything that doesn't need a closed lid. I was surprised the lid was plastic and not metal, but for the price this was a great value.