Works great for minor hot flahes!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My DOCTOR recommended I take DHEA in a low, divided dose (25mg 2x a day). I have low testosterone caused by long-term pain medication usage. I'm only 41 but was having hot flashes and the sweats so bad. (Both men and women have testosterone and estrogen, but obviously have differing levels of each.) My doctor explained to me that DHEA acts as a precursor to testosterone- the mother hormone. My body is then able to produce the proper levels of testosterone and estrogen naturally from the DHEA. This is NOT medical advice! But I will tell you that my hot flashes and sweats are gone! My menopausal friend takes it too and swears by it! This brand works well for me and is a great price.

Side effect of acne

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

A friend is a strong believer in DHEA so I started taking it. I am 50-something and it took me a while to realize the acne that appeared on my face and neck was from DHEA. I didn't make the association as first, but when I stopped the DHEA my face returned to normal. When I did an internet search on DHEA, I discovered acne is a side effect. Sadly I won't continue for this reason and thought I should let others know.

Low potency

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Based on using other DHEA products and having my blood levels measured, this is a much lower potency product than the 25 mg label indicates. Either it contains considerably less in reality, or it doesn't get absorbed. I'd say it's equivalent to maybe 10-15 mg of quality DHEA.

A good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm taking this (25 mg at night) along with Natural Factor's Panax Ginseng and Ginko Biloba for a sexual boost at age 60. It is working. Without the Ginseng, I get a bit edgy on DHEA. It appears to be helpful in converting it to Testosterone. I think this is very good DHEA.

Effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am taking this supplement with 4 others for my issues with depression. I've been taking them all for three weeks, and I'm starting to feel a difference. I'm happy I'm able to go the natural way and not experience any side affects like I would with typical SSRIs. As always, iHerb has the best prices on the net, and their website is laid out in an easy-to-research format. And, you can't beat the shipping deal! Overall, I am very satisfied with this product and the 4 others I am taking.

Dr. Tawil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

It is as good as expensive labels

Does the trick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product for years. Affordable and reliable.

21st Century Health Care, DHEA 25 mg. 90 capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I really like this one. I can feel the advantage.

Helped my adrenal fatigue

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 30, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was using another purple bottle with 180 25mg tablets, this is better quality. It helps my adrenal fatigue so I feel waaaayyy better.

very good