Did any of the ingredients trigger a bad bodily reaction?

Posted by InozarDeBenz on Apr 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have read on other places that people speak badly about Magnesium Stearate and Stearic Acid (two of the listed ingredients), claiming that the mentioned preservatives make a layer in the digestive system, which in turn inhibits the absorption of the active ingredients of a supplement. But since I have not felt bad when taking other supplements with the two mentioned additives, I have to blame my bad reaction on something else: Perhaps it is one of the four artificial colours in this product that I don't tolerate? Between words: Why on Earth does any product need as much as four different artificial colours? It was a rhetorical question because yes, I know the answer: They made that mix of artificial colours as they wanted the tablet to look 'nice'. Well, producers of health supplements should have understood a long time ago that people want health supplements to be as natural as possible without unnecessary additives in them; the more additives in a product, the more the chances are that the product becomes less healthy. Or perhaps I simply had a bad reaction to the active ingredient itself; could it be that the active ingredient is derived from the Marigold plant? (The bottle doesn't say so.) If it happens to be Marigold, I think I have the answer: Because I reacted badly on 'Doctor's Best' Lutein as well, which active ingredient is derived from the Marigold plant. I can't be generous with stars considering my personal experience with this product.

Lutein tablets

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Very good for eye health for the elderly

lutein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

really works so well

21st Century Lutein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for several years & find it very satisfactory.

good for eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Protects the eye in many ways. Cheap but good quality.

excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

excellent

21st Century Health Care, Lutein, 10 mg. 60 Tabs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Product arrived in a timely manner. This product is one of a few that is the dosage we require AND reasonably priced. Especially appreciated the free shipping.

lutein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

hard to tell what is going on in one's eyes, but these were recommended to me!

works good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Bought for my mother and for my self. I don't know if they are really working well yet, but I do like this brand.

Lutein

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am plleased with the Lutein I bought as it is considerably cheaper than the ones I can buy in the drug store and I feel better because I am doing what I can to save my sight and prevent early onset of Macular Degeneration.

1 2