Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It took some trial and error to find the right dose but it was worth the effort. While most take 2-3 pills a day I found that taking only a 1/2 tablet every other day is what fits my system. I have been taking it at this dose for about 9 months now and find I sleep better, am less anxious, can think more clearly and am less depressed. Higher doses had side effects like insomnia and increased anxiety, if you get either of these problems try lowering the dosage amount or increasing the time between doses before just giving up. I tried other brands and found them to be quite different in effect. For example, one left me very sensitive to bright light while this one doesn't have that effect at all. If you tried brand x and it didn't work, don't lose hope, just try a different brand.

The best St. John's Wort I've used

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've used many brands of St. John's Wort, including Perika, and Kira has been the most effective for me. It is strong and consistent. After taking Kira for the first time, I gave Perika a shot for a month, and it didn't seem to deliver the same calm that Kira did. So I switched back and again was calm. I recommend that you try several brands to see what works for you, but this works the best for me :-)

This stuff is awesome.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've struggled with depression for almost 10 years, and this is what I've been looking for. Anti-depressants did next to nothing (and sometimes made things worse), and when I wasn't on anything, I was pretty much suicidal. I never believed in herbal medicine before, but this is legit.

It works for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Kira for over 15 years and it works for me. Prior to using Kira, I was angry and depressed most of the time and nothing as going my way. After using Kira, I have become much more mellow to the point that everyone I know have said that I have changed for the better.

Highly recommended brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Norman Rosenthal, a research psychiatrist at the National Institute of Mental Health recommends Kira St. John's Wort, so I totally trust this brand. However, having said that, I stopped using it because it caused an unwanted side effect(sexual dysfunction). I am very sensitive to SSRI's, and apparently the active ingredient in St. John's Wort elevated my serotonin levels to the point of anorgasmia. I've already been through that with an SSRI, and I don't need a repeat performance. I've switched to a combination of Rhodiola Rosea and Holy Basil, and I have had wonderful results. For those who don't have this unpleasant side effect with St. John's Wort, then this would be the brand to trust.

Amazing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Works really well for depression and anxiety. I have a severe anxiety disorder which caused moderate depression and panic attacks. 2 weeks after starting Kira I can say that my anxiety and depression has been reduced by about 70-80%. I am feeling good about myself and life in general. This product is amazing and works extremely well. I am so happy to have found it.

Great for PMS and overall mood elevation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taken this for months and found it to be more calming than the Perika brand SJW. PMS is now minimal, I'm more sociable, and have more energy. I only take 300mg/day and this is plenty for me. Supposedly the fish oil I take helps mood elevating substances to work better. Take over 1000mg/day EPA in fish oil if you want additional mood support.

Noticed a difference!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've had depression for almost 17 years. Tried Paxil once and hated how it made me feel. I read the great reviews about Abkit and decided to give it a try. My combo is 2 in the morning and one at night + New Chapter's Holy Basil 1 pill 2-3 times per day. After about 3 weeks I can honestly say things feel better. I forgot what feeling normal is like.

It really works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

In Germany, where Kira comes from, St. John's Wort requires a prescription. Luckily that isn't so on this side of the Atlantic. I've tried various brands of this herb, and Kira seems to be the most effective for me.

As advertised

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product because it received a high rating from Consumer Labs on actually containing what it says it has. I purchased from iHerb becuse they offered the best price. Shipping was super fast. I am seeing the results I want from the tablets. Less anxiety, better sleep, & greater productivity.