Not as effective as other brand for me!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After taking Now foods SJW I thought I'd try this brand as people were saying this was the best one on the market. I had good results with Now foods SJW and didnt think that Kira worked at all for me. Im going back to the cheaper and more effective brand.

Be Careful if you are Bipolar!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I ordered this brand of St. John's Wort hoping it would take the edge off my chronic daily depression. I am on a mood stabilizer for BP, but have troble staying on anti-depressants due to side effects. I took a total of 6 tablets per directions over a few days. On the third day I was going manic and was highly irritable. I had an inner restlessness and feeling of terrible rage inside. I remember feeling this was when I took the anti-depressant, Wellbutrin, so I would have to say if you ARE NOT bipolar I think that this supplement would certainyl help you feel more activated/motivated- which was what I was seeking, but not to that degree! In all fairness, it does say on the box to contact your doctor before using.

Didn't work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Took this for 4 weeks. Didn't work for my depression. Created more anxiety. Seem to work for a lot of people, but not for me.

not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

made me nauseous. that said, i think abkit makes good products. it just happened to make me nauseous.

Caused dizziness

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I'm not sure how well this might have worked but I was unable to handle the dizziness it created in the first few days so stopped using it.

Abkit, Kira, St. John's Wort, 45 Tablets (Discontinued Item)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

personal is not anything particularly very low activity. have a look at some other brand

Doesn't help

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I went through 4 packs of this as is recommended to give it time to start helping. Well it helped on the first day I tried this (probably placebo) and didn't help at all on any other days.

Made things worse!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I had so high hopes for this after reading all the positive reviews here. Unfortunately - those tablets only made things worse for me. Have tried three weeks and the only effects so far is insomnia, more anxiety, having more negative thougts, nightmares and a constant burning pain in the solar plexus/chest, like I need to cry all the time. Maybe I should have tried this a couple of more weeks, but I just cannot stand this any longer.