Another winner from Acure Organics

Posted by WellnessRoad on Oct 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using the Acure Organics hair and skin care products for quite some time now. The Brightening scrub is absolutely amazing. I purchased the Lemongrass shampoo as it is designed to clarify and I unfortunately have oily roots mixed with dry ends due to colouring. The smell is very fresh and natural and unlike many organic or natural shampoo's, you don't need an excess amount of product to produce a lather. It does leave hair very clean and I do find that I need to follow-up with a conditioner due to my damaged ends. The matching Lemongrass conditioner, while lovely is not nourishing enough for my hair so I utilise the Moroccan Argan conditioner on my mid lengths to ends which is designed for dry hair .

Not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Sadly this shampoo didn't work with my hair. I have absolutely normal hair, and with this shampoo it gets greasy, flat and heavy within a day or two, whilst normally it keeps clean for at least 3 days. No idea why. Will be going back to Burt's Bees shampoo. Fresh smell. Til dere norske minner lukten litt om Möllers Tran Sitron.

Amazing invigorating shampoo for all hair hypes.

Posted by Leione on Apr 19, 2014 | Verified Purchase

One of the best shampoos ever. I've tried so many different shampoos, but they were drying and irritating my sensitive scalp and leaving my hair dull and lifeless. But this one is different. It's suitable for all hair types, all-natural, organic, vegan and sulfate, paraben, petroleum, phthalate, PEG, silicon, synthetic fragrance, gluten and cruelty free, and unlike other natural shampoos, it lathers well, gently cleanses my hair without dehydrating or irritating my scalp and leaves my hair clean, soft, shiny and manageable. The list of its ingredients is pretty impressive: coconut-derived sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, sodium cocoyl glutamate gently cleanse the hair and scalp, draw out excess dirt and oil, remove impurities and dead skin cells without stripping the scalp's protective layer, naturally-derived betaine, cocoglucosides hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sodium levulinate and guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride condition and detangle the hair making it soft and manageable, aloe vera leaf juice soothes, tones and heals the scalp, calms itching, reduces redness and inflammation, argan and avocado oils, argan stem cells and ubiquinone (CoQ10) deeply moisturize and nourish the scalp, strengthen the root bulbs and follicle connection, improve cellular circulation, stimulate cell renewal and keratin production, restore hair elasticity, provide body and shine, açaí berry, blackberry, rosehips, pomegranate and rooibos are powerful antioxidants reviving, revitalizing, invigorating the scalp and hair follicles, preventing hair loss and adding volume at the root, lemongra ss, lavender, oak moss and rosemary essential oils are strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal agents clarifying the scalp, regulating sebum production and keeping infection and inflammation at bay. I've been using this product for two weeks and I'm impressed by the results: my scalp is no longer dry, itchy and flaky and my hair is no longer dull and lifeless - it's soft, shiny and healthy. So glad I discovered this amazing shampoo.

great stuff

Posted by ledenec on Dec 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I like it very much

Quality product but somewhat misleading

Posted by 6apollonia6 on Feb 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love the smell of this shampoo and it does a fair job of shampooing my hair. My concern is the claim on the packaging, stating the product contains Vitamin B12 from Avocado. This is inaccurate, Avocadoes do not contain B12. This makes me wonder what else could be untrue on this product's label.

Beware of Hairloss!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

After reading several reviews of people losing hair after using this shampoo, I figured it was just random trolls bashing the product. However, after about a month of using it, I noticed an abnormal amount of hair falling out and noticable thinning in areas not typically common for natural hairloss. Hairloss isn't a hereditary trait for my family and my diet is relatively healthy. Additionally, I haven't used it for a few weeks and the thinning seems to have stopped. I'm pretty convinced this shampoo is the cause. Beware, guys.

not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have fine thin hair, slightly dry ends. This shampoo smells nice and the fragrance is not over powering but the shampoo tangled my hair and I have to use conditional. I encounter more hair loss after using this shampoo although I am very gentle when shampooing my hair. This is just not for me.

Cleanses well without drying hair and scalp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Smells just like fresh lemongrass but not overpowering.I've used several sulfate free shampoos but this one is the best.

A good shampoo!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I liked this shampoo! Smell nice. Foams well. Sulfate free. Hair soft and shiny!

Good product, horrible plastic tube packaging

Posted by TropicalUrbanite on Jun 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like all the Acure Organic shampoos I've tried so far, this one included. Tend to be gentler on the scalp. But I seriously dislike the tube packaging. It's not just the fact the product only fill up to 60%- 70% of the tube volume. It's not just the annoying need to fumble with the hard-to-close tube lid after you squeeze out your shampoo/ conditioner in the shower. It's not even the upside down cap's tendency to retain splashed water. Or that the retained water + conditioner is a recipe for mold breeding if you don't use it up fast enough... It's the CHEAP PLASTIC - which breaks and tear easily if your bathroom has temperature change/ heater, or dry/wet cycle. Sounds like most bathrooms right? Yep. So if you don't use it up fast enough eventually the tube would suddenly tear when you squeeze it. So far I had 2 Acure Organic shampoo and conditioner tearing incidents. This means transfering the leftover to tiny bottles or throwing it away. I use the AO scrub too also packaged in the horrible tube, but because it's not exposed to water slashing, and probably because I use/squeeze it only twice a week, the tube is still intact. This is not the first nor the last customers complain about the tube packaging. I will stop buying AO tube shampoo/ conditioners and stick to the bottled one from now on until there's a change. 5 star for product quality, minus 2 stars for inconsiderate packaging.