Most Natural and Effective African Black Soap

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jun 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have tried many brands of charcoal soap, including bar and liquid form, commercial and natural ones. I have stopped searching since finding this. I have re-ordered several times with iHerb. I use this for face and body and I believe guys with short hair can use this for hair too. With this soap, I do not need to use moisturizer on my body. Yet is is not too oily for my humid tropical weather. In fact, the addition of peppermint is really appropriate for my weather. Great product!

Useful all purpose soap

Posted by shoppingmama on Jan 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like that it is in a pump bottle and that it is a multi purpose soap. I use it as a hand wash refill as well. It's not drying on skin and overall pleasant to use. Another bonus is that it's a fair trade product. Just that I am not to fond of peppermint, wish iHerb would stock the unscented version. >>>>>>> Click on my iHerb review page link above to read the rest of my product reviews. I use each and everyone of the iHerb products I bought and take time to review it properly. You can read more about other baby, bath, beauty and health items that I bought from iHerb. >>>>>>> Please click "Yes" if you found my review helpful. Thanks a lot!

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I absolutely adore this soap! I use it as a shampoo although it doesn't lather very well on my long wavy hair. Since most of us are used to regular shampoos which has rich lather, many of you could find it rather unsatisfying but give it a chance and wash your hair with it several times an you will notice what a great job it does. I wash my face with it and I like the tingling of the peppermint. The smell is not overwhelming and gives fresh and cool feeling. Can not compare it to other african black soaps because I haven't used other brands but as far as the liquid castile soaps are concerned, this one is doing as good.

Loving this Black Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've struggled with acne and oily skin most of my life and have tried too many cleansing products to count. Since I began using Black Soap I no longer feel the need to use toners, moisturizers, etc. and love the way my skin looks and feels. This version is the first liquid one I've used that doesn't separate so that the shea butter becomes a big clump that requires shaking vigorously before using. Using it as a shampoo for long hair takes a lot to get a lather at first, but a second wash lathers nicely. My hair seems less frizzy, fuller and is very easy to style. Love this soap. Am ordering a couple extra bottles to make sure I don't run out once my husband starts using it too.

Finally found it!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This all natural, gentle soap is what I have been looking for for a long time .. I just didn't know where to find it. After the first use my girls complained of feeling sticky after washing with it, and wanted to avoid it second time round, but we quickly realised that it actually leaves a squeaky clean feeling that is 'rubbed away' when you dry yourself with a towel. So happy it rates so well on the EWG Skin Deep website and will absolutely buy again.Tangerine one is gorgeous too.

Mild and gentle, a real treat

Posted by Jill-U on Feb 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like it so much better than Dr. Bronner's magic soap. Castile soap like Dr. Bronner's is just too alkaline and harsh to me especially on my face and hands. This liquid African black soap is a real treat. All nature, mild, gentle and smells heavenly. It doesn't leave my skin dry and tight. The idea of supporting Fair Trade when buying this good quality product makes me even happier.

soft & minty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Alaffia peppermint black soap smells wonderful & leaves my skin silky smooth. Also it doesn't dry my skin out as much as other products used in the past.

All purpose product!

Posted by Charybdis on Nov 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this minty smelling soap. It is really multipurpose. I use it as a handwash and to clean my kitchen sink and counters. When diluted with water and put in a spray bottle, it cleans my windows and is streak free. I just love it.

Very good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Firstly, I love the smell. However, I've learned that it is not advisable for menthol (peppermint) to come into contact with the skin. I will try the Tangerine Citrus next time. The soap itself is good, soothing and moisturizing! I don't feel that it does something special to get rid off my occasional breakouts, but at least I think it doesn't break me out itself.

Okay for summer, not for winter

Posted by livelig on Oct 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I used this soap all summer long and I loved it, but as the temperature dropped my skin started to dry out and this soap did not help. I have gone back to using Nubian Heritage African black soap and my skin is no longer itching and flaking.