A Decent Enough Sunscreen With Natural UV Filters

Posted by lost-in-the-reality on Aug 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I haven't been spending a lot of time in sun lately but when I do it seems that this product provides a good protection enough. Well, at least I haven't got my body parts to where I was applying the cream tanned (to be honest, I like my skin being as pale as possible). I also enjoy that the products contains natural UV filters and not the synthetic ones as loads of them tend to have mutagenic properties. Talking about product application, at first it looks like it would be hard to apply as the cream is really thick but once you start rubbing it disappears without leaving a mark. I would like Alba Botanica upgrading their packaging though as the tube is pretty smell but it's filled with loads of product so at the beginning of the usage when there's still a lot of sunscreen left this sometimes leads to much higher amounts of the product squeezed than intended.

Does the job but very thick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It is good sunscreen which absorbs nicely but it is very thick! I have to really work through every inch of the skin, which can be rather annoying to a 3 year old. After it absorbs it leaves no residue and no smell, which is good, and it does protect well from the sun.

Excelent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Quickly absorbs, nice texture

Very good sunscreen

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Not greasy, very well absorbed. I will buy it again.

Perfect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It goes really nicely into the skin.

After endless search for natural toxic-free sunscreen, found it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It wasn't an easy mission to find a natural sunscreen that contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide that is considered usable. The only resources are those "independent reviews" on google. I've settled down on 3 with the best ratings but unfortunately they were not usable at all. The best ratings one was a hard balm paste, like putting glue onto your face. No doubt, it does the job very well with only 3-4 ingredients, but it was a horrible experience. Guaranteed to receive wrinkles just from applying. When your done, you look like an alien from another planet. Now comes the most disgusting part, washing it off. It takes about 3 times to wash it off and even then, you don't feel completely clean, still gooey and sticky surface on the skin. I've finally received my Alba Botanica SPF 30 today, and there is a smile on my face. After this endless battle to find a natural sunscreen that is usable, this is the one. Very watery and easy to apply on. Absorbs in just 3-5strokes, unlike the other brands where you need to rub like crazy and it's still there. No sticky feeling. My only complaint would be the packaging, there isn't a safety seal that I have to remove before use. Anyone could have used it or tampered it without my knowledge. The cap design is lousy, left over residue will remain on the cap opening. Other brands don't have this problem, once you finish using the application, it's clean. No waste, no residue. Other than that, you have a loyal customer that will buy from you every month now, until a better product appears on the market.