Not as Good as the Original......

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Alter Eco made a huge mistake by changing the Dark Blackout bar by adding vanilla and by making it thinner than the original version. The vanilla detracts from the full bodied flavor of the original version, and the new version bar is much thinner at 2.82 ounces vs the original bar at 3.5 ounces. The new thinner bar lacks the nice feeling of sinking into the chocolate that the thicker original bar had at 3.5 ounces. Alter Eco needs to bring back the original formula and thickness. In the mean time, the new version is better than the other 85% or higher organic chocolate currently available

My favourite 85% Dark Chocolate Bar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the best 85% dark chocolate bar I have ever tried. Ideal for those looking to indulge in low sugar organic chocolate, but not wishing to be overwhelmed by too dark a flavour note. As a nutritionist, I love the fact that Alter Eco sweetens their chocolate bars with whole, unrefined cane sugar.

Rich, Dark Chocolate; For the Connoisseur

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product because I enjoy very dark chocolate bars (80% or more cocoa content). I really like these bars. The taste is strong with subtle notes of vanilla. I can also tell that this chocolate is sourced from different cocoa trees than mass produced chocolates as there is quite a bit more complexity in the taste. A little bit of chocolate goes a long way. I also appreciate that the company, Alter Eco, seems committed to purchasing from smaller cocoa plantations. That said, this chocolate is not for everyone. If you enjoy a very sweet tasting chocolate like Dove Bars or milk chocolate, this bar will probably be much too bitter for you. However, if you like extreme dark chocolates with high cocoa content as I do, I think this is one of the best! I will purchase often.

this is the best chocolate EVER

Posted by bbchris on May 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

it's got no extra additives, no emulsifiers, it's so chocolatey-tasting and it disappears so quickly once I reveal I have a bar of this. We've repeatedly ordered this bar many times. Thank you Alter Eco for a fantastic product!!!

the secret to my sublime brownies

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This chocolate bar is dark enough to use in baking when a recipe calls for semi-sweet, bitter chocolate, or cocoa. I like to use organic fair-trade chocolate in brownies and cakes, etc., if the price is right, and in this case the quailty is excellent.

HEAVEN

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Just perfect amount of sweetener and darkness. Most dark chocolates are still quite sweet or either too bitter. I never liked chocolate until I came across Alter Eco Dark Blackout and Alter Eco Dark Velvet.

Delicious dark chocolate !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Best 85% I've ever had. Look no further to satisfy your chocolate craving while getting a hefty dose of antioxidants. If you're a fan of dark chocolate I highly recommend you to check it out. O / /( . ) _II_

There is no taste. Salty, bitter .

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

There is no taste. Salty, bitter .

Too bitter.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The chocolate came discolored, whitish but not sure if its supposed to be the case. Too bitter for my liking.

Smooth dark chocolate

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Most chocolates that have more than 72% chocolate content can get chalky and "baking chocolate" tasting. Not this bar. This bar is smooth and lovely. It satisfies your chocolate craving in only a few bites (few-ish) and does not have the waxy texture that some darker chocolates have.