Changed my mind

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I originally gave this almond butter two stars. I've bumped it up. I find the thickness to be fine. It's the flavor that gives me pause. I don't know why it has less almond flavor than the non-organic brand I've had in the past. Maybe it is an acquired flavor. It's so hard to rate. It doesn't even have a nice almond smell. Maybe that it due to it being raw. With the scandalous treatment of almonds in the here and now, I really feel a lot better about "organic". There IS something that makes me want to keep taking another bite ... It is no more expensive than non-organic, so my suggestion is to try it. It's edible, so you've got nothing to lose, even if you find it isn't your favorite in the final analysis.

Delicious, but not truly raw.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have no real complaints. It's delicious, good texture/density, and isn't very oily at all. No separation as far as I can tell. The only thing is, it's not truly raw because California almonds are used (pasteurization required by law). I'm not a raw foodist but to those who are, it's a misleading detail. And on that note, being that it's not really raw, it's a little expensive. Tasty and satisfying but I'll try something new when the jar is through.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Love almond butter and this one is good but grainy. Not as flavorful as other brands. Very thick and difficult to spread.

From a Nut Butter Connoisseur

Posted by Chocolate on Jun 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I consider myself to be a nut butter connoisseur. With the exception of my own home made nut butters which I make with Raw soaked and dehydrated nuts, this is the best I have tried. I think over all Artisana is on top of their nut butter game. Also nut butters, especially Raw, that are not peanut, do not come cheap. Almond butter is up there in price maybe only surpassed by Macadamia or Cashew. But this is the best price I have found for Almond Butter. Peace!

OK

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Too salty. Not really my taste, had better Almond butters... Would not recommend.

Great taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a delicious product and great for adding to smoothies. Its really thick though and isn't particularly spreadable.

Great flovour!

Posted by Danil35 on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great almond taste, but found it was pretty thick to spread or use in recipes. I had to add coconut oil to make it a creamier texture.

Disappointing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This sounds so good but it was tasteless, hardly any hint of almond taste. Definitely not worth paying for this

EAT ALL THE TIME

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I EAT WAY TO MUCH ALMOND BUTTER. AND I REALLY LIKE THE ARTISANA BRAND. I ADD A LITTLE SALT & STEVIA TO MINE. HAVE TO PUT IN BOWL BECAUSE OF NEEDING TO MIX THE OIL THAT SEPARATES, THEN RETURN MIXTURE TO JAR.

Like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very good, sweet taste. I would have liked it better if it had a little salt in it, though. I use Himalaya salt to get the extra oomph. Can be used as dip, on bread,in cakes and cookies and in raw chocolate. Many possibilities. Recommended!