New product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I don't normally leave reviews but I'm disappointed in this coconut butter. I've been buying it for years and it always had a great texture and taste, much superior to other brands. Recently, the size of the jar has been decreased and the price has been increased. When the butter arrived, there was something wrong with both the texture and the taste. It had a gritty texture instead of the normally smooth consistency, and the taste was very "off" instead of the normally sweet coconutty taste. I really hope the next batch impoves, otherwise I really doubt I'll keep buying this product.

One of the best organic coconut butters on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Not only does this coconut butter tastes great, but it's packed with health benefits. What makes it different from coconut oil is that it's also a great source of fiber: one tablespoon contains three grams of fiber. Rich in medium chain triglycerides, coconut butter is different from other saturated fats: much of its saturated fat comes from lauric acid, which improves HDL ("good cholesterol") to HDL ("bad cholesterol") ratio and creates a more favorable blood cholesterol profile by increasing high-density lipoprotein ("good cholesterol") levels. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin, which is otherwise found only in breast milk, has strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and is useful in the prevention and treatment of various infections and diseases. This ancient butter also aids digestion and the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helps control blood sugar levels and keep them stable by improving insulin secretion, improves thyroid function, stimulates metabolism, triggers the release of the cholecystokinin hormone slowing down food movement through the digestive tract and keeping you full longer, thus contributing to weight loss, boosts immunity and energy levels. Coconut butter can also be used externally and does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive and damaged skin. It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, improves its elasticity, making its soft, smooth, and supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, evens out the skin tone, improves the complexion, calms itching, reduces irritation and inflammation, facilitates the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, bug bites, warts, fungal infections, fights acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, prevents and reduces stretch marks and scars, relieves pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, heals sore and chapped lips, smoothes out fine lines and wrinkles, restores luster to dull and lifeless hair, acts as a natural sunscreen and is a great all-natural make-up remover. I've been using this coconut butter both internally and externally and the results speak for themselves: I feel better, more energetic and resilient, my acid reflux and heartburn are gone, my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some acne scars and stretch marks have faded, my skin is softer, smoother and has a healthy glow. Definitely one of my favorite products.

great hormone balancer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

this is wonderful "medicine" and a great hormone balancer! I take 2 Tablespoons daily in oatmeal and have noticed a world of difference.

tasty even to novice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am not a big fan of coconut taste but very much amazed by the creamy texture. Put it in the fridge makes it even tastier to melt in mouth. I am grateful it tames my craving for refined sweets and junks. Be careful with the dose though.

The Best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This coconut butter is the smoothest, creamiest and tastiest I've tried, and I've tried a lot because I use coconut butter in my coffee every morning. Also delicious spread over banana bread in place of icing.

The Most Delicious Coconut Butter

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is an excellent product and I love using it to make dairy-free "white chocolate" and other treats. It is very versatile! I had to give it four stars because it had a sliiightly rancid taste to it when tasting it straight from the spoon. But it's not noticeable when used in a recipe and I don't think the product has gone bad so I'll keep on using it and will probably buy more in the future. UPDATE: I've been ordering this on a regular basis for quite a few years now and none of the jars has had a rancid taste/smell. I use it a lot in homemade coconut ice cream or healthy frosting and even in savory dishes - especially Thai and Indian inspired ones. I love this product and haven't found another coconut butter with the same high quality and fresh taste, so five stars it is:)

Great taste. Best price around.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this in my smoothies. I'm not a coconut fan but this is delicious. I have been instructed to take a spoonful when craving sweets. It keeps the cravings to a bare minimum. Love this product! You can't beat the price here. I have shopped around and this is the best price to date. This was my second order and will be ordering in the future.

Very tasty

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Tastes like coconut halva (sweet nut paste), but contains no added sugars.

Separated Oil & Butter

Posted by LeaAiWin on Oct 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The oil and butter has separated at the time I received it but I was not alarmed since I already expected it considering how hot the weather has been here lately and considering that the item reached the DHL branch here on late Saturday and then it was the weekend and so happened that Monday is a replacement public holiday and so the delivery was done on Tuesday (about 5-6 days after it was shipped out from iherb) I can imagine how stifling the warehouse get over the days... I was hoping that it'd reach the DHL branch here early Saturday so that it wouldn't need to be stored in their warehouse over days but it is what it is. So, all I did once I received it is just to warm the open jar over simmering water in a pan while stirring the butter constantly (I use a chopstick to stir) and making sure that the whole thing has melted and reached a regular consistency overall before taking it out of the water and cooling it down. I admit to licking away the chopstick afterwards because the melty butter looks so creamy. It was not as sweet as I expect butter to be and rather gritty even melted but these are non-issues for me. Still haven't used it elsewhere, but planning to take a spoonful of it with the rolled oat I bought in the same order, just haven't yet the time to do so. I'll edit the review (can review be edited? This is my first buy and review here) afterwards once I've tried using it for other purposes.

Creamy good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My whole diet revolve around coconut. If you like the taste of coconut, you will like this one. It is creamy and 'coconuty'