The Best Fish Oil There Is

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 5 2009 | Verified Purchase

I consider myself an expert on all supplements. And fish oil is my #1 recommended supplement. Nutra Sea is the finest quality fish oil in the world. It is purified and assured by Pure Check to contain less than all CRN, WHO, and IFOS 5-star standards, it is in triglyceride form (though probably structured after distillation, and not natural), and the company is quite eco-friendly. On top of that, it is less than $.25 per gram of EPA/DHA, while other companies that pass IFOS tests are over $.50 (and most of them are in ethyl esters, not triglycerides). I recommend using this oil within a 3-oil rotation with Life Extension’s Super Omega-3 and NOW Neptune Krill Oil. I suggest about 2.5 grams of combined EPA + DHA daily from fish oil, or 250 mg combined EPA + DHA from Krill daily. Double the dose if you have a blood triglyceride:HDL ratio over 1.0 (when using units of mg/dL; ratio should be less than 0.4 if using mmol/L). Switch your oil up at least every 2 weeks. And, to prevent lipid peroxidation (more likely when using ethyl esters, not triglycerides), add 20 mg of mixed tocopherols/tocotrienols per gram of combined fish oil EPA/DHA. These are the natural isomers of vitamin E. Krill oil won’t need extra tocopherols/tocotrienols. These don't have to be taken daily, but can be taken in a couple dived doses weekly. I suggest NOW Gamma E Complex.

Good service

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 5 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good service, good product. I am completely satisfied. Thanks

Ascenta Nutra Sea

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 27 2010 | Verified Purchase

We have been amazed by the mild taste of the Ascenta products we have tried. I have tried several different liquid fish oil supplements and several gel caps. All of them have left me with an aftertaste and something I can only describe as "fish burps" that follow me all day. Ascenta has no fishy taste and no "return" during the day. All of my children take it willingly.

Great fish oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 8 2017 | Verified Purchase

Highly rated by Dr. Davis!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 25 2017 | Verified Purchase

have used this for a log time. love it

Feel good - on mouth and mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 10 2016 | Verified Purchase

It tastes lemon and that's it. As I'm working out and bulking, it's even better than tasting olive oil because it's not thick. So now I'm at the second day taking it; DHA and EPA seem to improve my mood and concentration. I'm grateful for choosing this product.

Pure Omega-3

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2014 | Verified Purchase

The product is excellent, shipping is fast, the service is great

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 4 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good quality, but I miss an unflavored Ascenta fish oil!

Great Ascenta NutraSea Balanced Lemon Flavor EPA & DHA Omega-3 Supplement!

Posted by BeckySue on January 13 2013 | Verified Purchase

Appreciate that this ultra-pure, great tasting omega-3 is good for your general health, and supports cardiovascular health and brain function. It is also beneficial in the development of the brain, eyes and nerves in children and adolescents. Great all around health product!

Great Fish Oil

Posted by LanceSavoy on March 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

The best fish oil in my opinion. No aftertaste and my knee starts hurting when I don't take it for a while. Best price here at iherb.

1 2 3