Once upon a time I loved this product.

Posted by Reviewer1508061 on Aug 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Avalon Organics (or Hain Celestial, who owns them now) have stamped a "NEW More Sustainable" logo on all of the Avalon cosmetic products. They have drastically changed the formulation of the products I used to use, possibly so they are cheaper to manufacture. This Vitamin C Renewal Creme, which I've used for years, now contains sodium benzoate, which when combined with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can form benzene, a carcinogen. Probably not a good idea to add sodium benzoate to a product with Vitamin C in the name. It also now irritates my skin, so I am on the hunt for a good product again.

Suspicious about preservative

Posted by 5180786833322805159 on Mar 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have order this product, but found little conserning info. In this product there is combination with ascorbic acid (vitamin C, E300) and sodium benzoate. This mix forms benzene, a known carcinogen. I need to get more info

Love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1322224 on Apr 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This cream is great under make up! It smells good. It absobs quickly and immediately makes little lines seem less noticeable!

Waited all my life for it....

Posted by Reviewer3040624 on Dec 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I am 65 years and still have the T zone!! This cream calms the reddness and I definitely see a smooth improvement with the wrinkles. This is only after about 2 weeks!!

break out

Posted by 4689877539034280795 on Mar 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great smell, nice consistency, but everytime I use it without fail I break out. I even went to just putting it under my eyes and started getting eyelid pimples.

great cream

Posted by Reviewer1386603 on Jun 07, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I was buying cream at a high-end department store was tired of paying $60 for 2 oz. So, I tried this cream and love it -- great feel on the skin, minimizes my wrinkles better than the $60 cream. Smells yummy.

Dry and itchy

Posted by Reviewer1848502 on Dec 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

i am very disappointed with this product. my face feels hot and burst, also very itchy. i had to wash it away 3 min after i applied it.

My absolute favorite!

Posted by Reviewer2870107 on Jan 12, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have loved this lotion from the first time I used it and have recommended it to many. All have loved it! It is very lightweight and even good under powder makeup! I wear Bare Minerals and it works great. Best moisture that lasts all day and doesn't feel greasy! I was also very excited for find it here for less than $13.

did not like it at all

Posted by 5732103786426217174 on Apr 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This smells like cheap artificial orange juice and clogs pores. I ordered 3 products of Vitamin C series from Avalon and none of them was satisfying. It caused some acne trouble on my skin and I dumped it after couple of uses. Will not order again.

This stuff is really good

Posted by Reviewer1751496 on Mar 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I use this to remove eye makeup at night and then feel good that it stays on my skin all night. Then I put it around my mouth and on my forehead and neck for good measure. I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes and I'm almost 40. People say I look young for my age. I don't know if this is why, but I've been using it for about 2 years.