NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD VERSION

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have used this for two years and thought it was the best on the market for giving thick full bodied hair. When I got the new version I didn't pay much attention except for after I used it the first time the results were terrible. My hair is now fine and does not look thick when I use this "new sustainable" version. You will be very disappointed. I recommened everyone get on the Avalon Organics Website and let them know they have created a very mediocre product. They need to redo it so we get the results as the old version. Do not buy this. It's bad.

Not so good as its old version!!!

Posted by GoodLife on May 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I very liked this shampoo, my hair got stronger and healthier. But, its old version was better, now I’ don’t see these good effects, because this shampoo has a new formula (more chemical), and I prefer another natural shampoo with biotin, which I buy here too. **** If my review was helpful for You, please click "YES", thank You. Also You can visit my page to read my other reviews*****************

New formula a huge disappointment

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I totally agree with the adjacent review. I liked the previous formula, but this new formula does not moisturize whatsoever, and I find it difficult to work through my hair. I am looking for a replacement now.

Beware--may cause your hair to fall out!

Posted by SilverStars on Jul 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It seems most of the glowing reviews of this product are based on its previous formula which was changed a few months ago! I wish I had read the negative ones before buying. During the first few times of using it hair felt somewhat dry while still wet, but after blow-drying it looked very full and shiny. A week later it started to feel and look very dry along the length, but the roots would look oily already on the second day. Another week on and my hair started to fall out, more and more after every wash!! Needless to say the rest of the bottle went in the bin! Still trying to reverse the effects...

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on May 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this to the many positive reviews. It isn’t too expensive and appears to be free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, harsh sulfates or parabens. It smells pretty nice with a nice citrus smell. It does not lather very well. After using this for a while, my scalp itches like crazy and I got dandruff. Looking closer at the ingredients, you will realise that there are many other chemicals in there. For example, there are sodium benzoate which reacts with vitamin c to form benzene, a known carcinogens, potas sium sorbate, a preservative and many other unknown chemicals which I can’t even read or bother to know further. The most important is that it uses sodium coco-sulfate which is the same chemical formula as sodium lauryl sulfate (google it and you can easily find it). Definately will not recommend this product to anyone who want a chemical free product. Aubrey organics is the only brand that appears to be chemical free. Check out my page for more reviews!

Ohhhh, it changed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am so dissapointed, I bought it for my mom after years of using it, even if I live in Spain I managed to buy it in my visits to US or ordering it. Now, it changed and our scalps burn. We moved to Biotene, but I still prefer the old Avalon version. Please, change it again.

did not like it at all...

Posted by olyamozh on Nov 07, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was fooled by all those great reviews and even bought 2 bottles... but this product is a complete disappointment. Ive got thin hair, and this product made it tangle more. And there is a strange effect after using it, my hair feels like straw, only using conditioner helps to iprove it, but I cant brush it properly even after that. I think it will help mostly people with shorter hair like my Mom, she says she likes it

First shampoo I have used that does exactly what it says

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately over the past few years ( I am 42) I have noticed my 'hair volume' is not what is use to be-I normally use coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner and it helps but I decided to try this after reading the reviews. This was surprisingly effective and does exactly what it says- it did increase the volume of my hair. I am very pleased with this product and will buy the conditioner as well the next time I order from iHerb.

Not good for the hair and scalp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this shampoo for a long time now, so I can write a review and talk about the results ON MYSELF. First of all, this is truly an organic shampoo, free of sulfates and toxic products. It is made mostly from natural ingredients. So this is a plus. On the other hand, I didn't see any thickening results. My scalp gets irritated every time I use it and I have noticed intense hair loss. Of course, this could by caused by 100 other reasons, but I think it is because it makes my hair so messy and unruly and it is difficult to comb them. Personally speaking, it is one of the worst shampoos I have ever used.

Thought it was a good product

Posted by MacnAZ on Jun 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing the best that I can to avoid SLS and SLES for many months. I was pleased that I had learned that these chemicals could cause skin problems and that it was best to AVOID them. You can find these chemicals in toothpaste, soaps and many other items that will contact your body in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I started to wonder about Sodium Coco Sulfate and decided to do research and find ANSWERS! When I did the research I was very disappointed with what I found because the companies that are making a BIG DEAL about their product being from coconut is misleading. It is an outright LIE that the coconut form of SLS is different. It is NOT! They are DECEIVING the consumer. Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Coco Sulfate are chemically THE SAME! [CH3(CH2)11SO4Na] There is no difference in the molecular structure. They are synthetic detergents. Sodium Laurel Sulfate (SLS) is made by mixing lauryl alcohol with sulfuric acid and then adding sodium carbonate. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) is actually worse and to make it less irritating they ethoxylate it. This means they add ethylene oxide to modify it. This reduces the irritation level of the chemical. SLES is a cheaper form of SLS and that is why many companies use it. The source of the raw materials; whether from coconut oil, palm oil or petroleum does not matter. Through the chemical synthesizing process the end product is still SLS or SLES and it is STILL BAD! The end product is very different from the raw materials that are used. I am not able to put my source links here, so do some research of your own and then we can expose the deceptive labeling that some companies are using.