Perfect organic, non-chemical sunblock

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've spent soooo much money, tried so many products, looking for a daily sunblock that spreads easily, isn't perfumed and doesn't burn my eyes. This fits. It's a bit white going on but that's because the zinc oxide is non-nano and that means the particles aren't small enough to be absorbed inside the skin (there's a school of thought that says that's really not good for you). The white sheen fades while being rubbed in, though. This is not a moisturizer, it does leave the skin a bit dry feeling so I put it on underneath moisturizer.

The safe option.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

We love badger sunscreen for everyday use on our kids. It's a bit more opaque and not water resistant but that's a small price to pay for a safe product. No smell either which is great. It does work.

My search has ended! Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is my absolute favorite sunscreen ever. I've been on the hunt for a daily sunscreen for quite a while, and my criteria were that it be a physical spf, cruelty free, and not look super greasy. My skin is extremely sensitive and acne-prone, and every other sunscreen I tried broke me out in little bumps. But lucky this badger lotion doesnt! It hasn't cured my acne (that would be a borderline miracle haha), but it has not exacerbated it either. I was first drawn to it for the simple and wholesome ingredients. I do not want to use harsh chemical sunscreens because anything you use on your skin is absorbed into your body... The sunscreen leaves a lovely natural matte finish. I feel like it makes my pores less visible as well. It can cling a tiny bit to dry patches around my nose, so if you have extremely dry skin, I would get the original badger cream and not the lotion. I've heard some people say it does not rub in evenly, but i haven't noticed that at all. Maybe it helps that I use a facial oil underneath, but it rubs in in two seconds for me :) I also find that makeup applies well over it, which can be a problem with physical spfs. My only con is that it leaves a slight white cast, but to me it is worth it for the effectiveness and saftey of ingredients. I mix a drop of foundation into around a teaspoon of sunscreen and store it in a little jar. That works for me and is totally invisible, but my skin is quite fair to begin with. If you have very deep skin, I think you would have to mix so much foundation that it would dilute the spf too much. On my body I use it straight from the tube because no one looks at your arms as closely as they look at your face haha. All in all, I LOVE this product, and I hope badger never stops making it!! And thank you iherb for the great international shipping :)

Excellent Natural Sunblock!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

excellent natural sunblock! excellent, many natural, high quality ingredients. the best "natural" physical sunblock i could find with a good amount of Zinc Oxide providing a good SPF rating. stays put, wears well for hours. not greasy but can feel a little heavy if you've put on a little too much. does leave a very noticeable white cast to the skin though (expected because of the Zinc Oxide), especially on naturally tan skin. a little expensive but understandable given the good quality ingredients. purchased because this one (others are not) from the company is Vegan (and, of course, cruelty free).

ok for dry skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

If you have dry skin, this is nice for you, easy to spread and the lotion quickly sinking into your skin; but if you have a combination/oily skin, this product will cause acne(big ones).

The Best!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for years and its a really good face sun block - not sticky. I mix it in half and half with my foundation make up and it mixes in perfectly leaving no white pasty color behind(that zinc sometimes leaves). It rubs in very well, its light and is not one bit greasy. I have been combating acne and its the only sunscreen i can use. I never get burned when i wear this and offers good protection. really love this!

It's an okay product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Bought this for my face. 1. The white cast is more apparent on my light medium skin tone. I have to control the amount I used but that would be pointless. 2. Matte finish. It dries very quickly so you gotta work fast else it will get uneven. It spreads really far. 3. Doesn't layer well. If you try to put on a second layer on top after it dries, it drags on your skin unevenly and you would have to rub it in so hard but then it will still be uneven. Sometimes they tend to ball up and peels off. 4. Doesn't layer well under makeup maybe. I used only sunscreen and concealer to work and this makes all of my concealer goes on patchy. I used coverage powder all over my face to make everything look even but that would be an extra step. I used fingers and patting motion with my concealer. Not sure how it does with foundation though, haven't try. 5. Leaves white residue on my fingers. I just rub my fingers together and it balls up and peels off. Or rub it off clean with a tissue before I go on to apply anything else. I do like how it dries down matte. It controls my oil somehow. If they have a tint version of this lotion type it would be perfect, the white cast and the unevenness wouldn't be obvious then.

Badger SPF 15 Sunscreen~~~

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Pros : not greasy, not irritating, cheap, easy to wash off Cons : Too dry (for my skin), give very obvious cast I'm an Asian male, with normal but a little dry skin and some acne problems. The biggest disadvantage of this sunscreen is that it gives a very obvious white cast on my skin. And white cast Causes other problems as well. For examples, if you sweat on the street, it will show white and skin- color stripes on your face, which looks really odd. I think the best thing of this sunscreen is that it's not greasy or irritaying at all. However, too dry for my skin. When applying it in winter, it looks like there is white powder on my face. Well, if you have an oil, white and sensitive skin, I guess you may like this sunscreen. But personally, I won't buy it again. 我覺得太乾,且泛白太明顯了! 不會回購。

It has terrible vinegar smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I don't know why the cream has terrible sort of 'vinegar' smell. I didn't dare to put it on my face .

Unknown

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm only giving it one star as I never received this product I ordered, which was quite disappointing. Thank fully it didn't cost too much.