The Holy Grail for fine wavy hair!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 20 2014 | Verified Purchase

This gel is absolutely gorgeous! A complete dream come true. I have had really hard time finding hair gel that works specifically with fine wavy hair. I often feel kinda left out in the curly hair community, because a lot of the products and techniques work only with strong 3+ curls... This gel has just the right amount of hold and gives the right amount of definition for my type of fine, soft, low porosity 2a/2b wavy hair. The ingredients are awesome! No silicones, no drying alcohol and no synthetic fragrance! I have to say I was a bit nervous about the fact that it contains shea butter and coconut oil, because if a product has even a bit too much oil, it can easily make fine waves into limp and greasy-looking mess. Turns out my fears were completely false, the gel is moisturising but doesn't weight my fine hair down at all.

This is a good product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 7 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is great when the weather is humid. Good hold for wavy to curly fine-medium textured hair. This tub will last me a long time. A little goes a long way so be careful not to overload your hair with too much product or your hair will get extra crunchy.

love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 4 2012 | Verified Purchase

not greasy, heavy, or drying. My hair is colored with a demi-perminent coloring. It is wavy with a little curl, and a couple inches below my shoulders. I am over 50. Using the gel I am able to go longer between shampoos, allowing my scalp to restore it's nature oil balance, and the color last longer. I have seen natural products for women of color but being caucasian I was unable to use them because my hair is not the same texture. This gel works well for me. I do need to add a little detangling cream along with it, particularly after shampoo. The natural ingrediences and the fair trade label were important to me

Great for fine, curly hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have a lot of fine, curly hair that frizzes easily. Especially in humidity-ville. With this Beautiful Curls product, my hair is no longer frizzy, and the curls hold for the entire day. It does not weigh down my fine hair, and yet it keeps my curls distinct and bouncy. I use it 5+ times a week, and it has not damaged my hair in 3 months of near daily use. I've already purchased a second tube, though it will be several more months before I need it. Excellent product, highly recommended.

Love this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 2 2013 | Verified Purchase

My curls come back to life after a little bit of this product. I dont have natural curls, just slightly wavy hair without products. I've had a perm and this product revive the curls. It also smell good and it's really affordable! I will definatly try more prduct from this brand.

Love love love, great on curly natural hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

Gives it moisture, locks it in, and dries keeping my hair from having a wet feeling all day. Also keeps fresh smelling and feeling.

Great for wavy/curly hair that tends to flatten the 2nd day

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 24 2014 | Verified Purchase

my hair is the sort where the first day it's curly, but the 2nd it flattens out and gets frizzy. With this product that doesn't happen. My hair is holding a curl much better than it did, and it seems fuller (which great cause I'm in my 50's and starting to thin out). Also I've noticed that sometimes I can go 3 days between washes, and the hair still looks great. On the days its not so great all I have to do is spray some water (with a spray bottle) and I get my curls back.

Curly Hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 13 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have very curly hair and Beautiful Curls products work for me. I've tried so many different products over the years and these products have no bad chemical ingredients, they keep my hair conditioned, frizz free and looking great. You have to figure out how much to use for your hair and once you do it works wonderfully. I love them.

More Volume. Humidity Resistant.

Posted by KaylaV on April 28 2017 | Verified Purchase

This gel provides a flexible hold. It's very liquidy and runny so it is easy to use too much and then get a surprise when it dries. The main holding ingredient is xanthan gum. Xanthan gum gels make a definite gel cast and can make flakes if applied too heavily (the surprise when it dries). My hair definitely dries with more volume and a bit less hold than with other gels. Despite this, my hair stays at it's original volume even in the Florida humidity. I don't recommend this gel for people looking for super clumping, flattening, stay-put hold. If you are okay with volume, want to combat frizz, and live in a humid area, give it a try. SN: There is a shea butter, citrus scent that fades as it dries.

LOVE IT

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 13 2018 | Verified Purchase

I bought this defining gel because I have very curly hair for a white person, however it isn't coarse or kinky. All of the curly hair gels I've seen are for afro-texture hair, and it took me forever to find something that might be more suited to my hair type. This is it! The trick is to put on a generous amount while your hair is SOAKING wet (I do it while still in the shower) - it will take your hair much longer to fully dry, and it might be a bit crunchy when it does, but I scrunch the crunchiness out straight away and I'm left with defined, beautiful, bouncy and voluminous curls. For reference, the youtube video I follow for my application routine is called "How to wash and style curly hair" by Hair Romance. I will say, however, that it seems my hair has come to rely on this product, as now when I just wash and go, my hair tends to look much straighter and flatter than it ever did before I used this defining gel, so that's not ideal. I'm sure if I didnt use it for a few washes it would go back to normal, though (at least I hope so!) That being said, still a great product and great for coping with the frizz of Australian humidity without dulling my curls!