Great way of adding Omega-3 and fiber in my family's diet

Posted by honestreviews1 on Feb 04, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a great way to add omega-3 and fiber to my family's diet. I replace 20-25% of flour when making bread (I also adjust the water slightly more, like around 5% as flaxseed meal needs more water to make the dough workable and not too heavy/dense). I also use 25% for our pancake mix (the rest is wholemeal flour and buckwheat flour) four our european style/crepe-like pancakes. I hope you find this review helpful.

Great tasting flaxseed meal

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Aug 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have tried 10 different brands of flaxseed meal and can tell you that this is by far the best tasting and has the most consistent quality. There are two types of flaxseeds, brown and golden. Both have the same nutritional value, but golden flaxseed is significantly smoother in taste and not as pungent/bitter aftertaste. I especially like Bob's Red mill for the organic offerings at a minimal price increase. I regularly sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons on my cereal in the morning to give it a nutritional punch of fiber, protein and essential fatty acids. The texture is very fine and almost has no noticeable effect on the cereal, if I went with 1 Tbls, you wouldn't even know it was there. I highly recommend giving Bob's products a try, I am sure you will find it as enjoyable as I have. Always store flaxseed meal refrigerated, opened or not. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

nice and fine exactly what you need if cant mill it yourself

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

nice and fine , some others are still too course for my digestive issues

Excellent Flax Meal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 31, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have used flax seed and flax seed meal for some years. Recently I checked around on iherb and found this Bob's Red Mill Fax Seed Meal. I have used the entire bag now and found it to be good quality. I would recommend it.

Bob's Red Mill, Organic, Golden Flaxseed Meal, 32 oz (907 g)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Delicious porridge turns out. Thank you seller

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this in my breads, very good. RUK 8 2 5

very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have used this in various ways and always been pleased with the outcome.

nutrition : recipe :

Posted by la-vie-en-rose on Jul 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

(a) Good nutrition. It is comparatively low in carb. Every 100g of flaxseed contains only 30.77g of carbohydrate which is 56% less than that of other whole grain product. And, every 100g of flaxseed contains 18.69g of omega-3s which is good for your health. I believe that eating the whole seed, as nature intended, is much better than taking omega-3s in pill form. (b) I apply a 2 : 1 ratio for my meal of cereal + flaxseed, and, thus reducing 18% of carb. Flaxseed is more 'creamy like' and taste good. In bread-making, I use 30g of flaxseed to substitute same amount of high-gluten flour (125g minus 30g). This results in darker colour and richer texture. Very good.

flavor is good

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

flavor is good but once open the bag, its hard to reseal

Great addition to baked goods and oatmeal!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

A wonderful, great tasting flaxseed meal product! I add this to all my baked goods for additional nutrition. Also great on my morning oatmeal. I recommend it.

1 2 3