The best steel cut oats on iHerb.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Delicious and nutritious. Rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, E, B vitamins (thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folic and pantothenic acids), iron, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, zinc, copper, potas sium, oats are beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: they help stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduce the risk of cancer. I love these steel cut oats: not only are they organic and delicious, but also they help normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieve the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Great product.

Lovely oats

Posted by nattfisk on May 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really love this product! It's better than the rolled oats, because it makes oatmeal or bread much more chewier - which is a great plus for me. They're also less processed than the rolled, which does have an effect on your blood sugar levels. They're unfortunatly not a raw food, as most oats products is heated to get rid of the the outer shell. I soak these overnight before I use them - makes them much easier to cook or bake.

Really gluten-free

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am gluten intolerant and I am having these oats for breakfast every morning since my packet arrived. It doesn't have a trace of gluten, because I haven't head any acid reflux or other symptoms I tend to have with gluten intake. Highly recommended.

Excellent product!

Posted by Zahava on Apr 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The best, and easiest way to cook these oats is in a small crockpot. I boiled 3 cups of water in a fast-boiling electric kettle, poured the water into a small [1.5 litre] crockpot and added 1 cup of oats. Set it on High for five minutes and then turned to Low and left it until I was ready. No need to watch it on the stove top and no need to stir either! The flavour and texture of these oats is just as I like and I am very pleased that I have found an easy way of cooking them.

Bob's Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Whole Grain Steel Oats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love the steel oats. I have been told by a doctor that eating the steel oats will help to lower my cholesterol. We will see when I am checked next. These steel oats taste good and are easy to prepare.

Good product

Posted by WardieWard3 on Jun 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I cook these steel cut Oats ( 2 parts water to 1 part Oats seems to be a good mixture,) in a pressure cooker on high for 14 minutes , give it a stir, and then close the lid again for another 5-10 minutes.Add a pinch of salt and a Tbs. of Tumeric and a pinch of ground pepper, and just the thought of eating this every morning makes me feel healthy, plus it tastes good with a 1/2 frozen banana whizzed up with a little water in an blender to make Bananamilk. Sprinkle with cinnamon and say goodbye to your Doctor.

Steel Cuts Oats

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Best I've ever had (including my travels in Scotland and Ireland)

Bob's Red Mill, Organic Whole Grain Steel Cut Oats,

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have previously bought the Bob's Red Mill ostmeal. It was very good. I didn't care for this product. It was to grainy. It would not get soft enough for my taste.

I live on this stuff.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2017 | Verified Purchase

If I could only buy one grain, this would be it. I make big batches of steel cut oats after soaking in a bowl of water and a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar overnight. (don't refrigerate) I rinse out the soaking liquid the next morning a few times to make sure the vinegar is gone, then cook UNCOVERED in the microwave for 8 or more minutes. It seems to cook faster after having been soaked over night, and it is supposed to be healthier. Plus it makes the texture better . I eat it through out the day, just with salt for breakfast, with beans or lentils and spices (i love curry powder) for lunch. It makes a great salad when mixed with fresh salsa. And when i want something sweet before bed, I'll often warm it slightly with a little milk and raisins.

Great product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Use frequently. May sprout this time.