Delicious steel cut oats. Great product.

Posted by Leione on Jun 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Delicious and nutritious. Rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A, E, B vitamins (thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folic and pantothenic acids), iron, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, zinc, copper, potas sium, oats are beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: they help stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevent blood spikes keeping you full longer, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, increase appetite, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, normalize blood pressure, lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduce the risk of cancer. I love these steel cut oats: not only are they delicious, but also they help normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieve the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Great product.

everyday food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I eat this win my yougert everyday, not cooked. I love the benefits, I measure my serving our eact morning and mix it in with my greek yougert with a handful of raisens and walnuts. Perfert breakfast food! Best price anywhere

Tasty and healthy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I really like these. To save time in the mornings I cook a big enough batch to last me 4 days. Even being in the fridge for a few days it makes a really tasty breakfast just the same.

Wow!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My husband and I have been rolled oats eaters for years so we initially tried cooking this like our regular oatmeal. The results were less than stellar. Now, I mix the following up in a baking dish and pop it in the oven while I'm using the stationary bike in the morning: 1 C steel cut outs 1/3 C sliced almonds 1 1/4 tsp baking powder 1 C frozen strawberries 1 sliced banana 2 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 C low fat milk 1 C water 1 beaten egg 2 tsp vanilla Cook covered on the upper third of your oven at 350 F for 30 mins. Uncover and sprinkle with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Return to oven for an additional 20 mins. This makes four good size servings. The milk, egg, and vanilla taste like a custard. The almonds and fruit float to the top and give a nice crunch.

comfort food for the third milennium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I needed to re-establish some sort of breakfast schedule for the new year. In the past I used rolled oats and microwaved them with butter and brown sugar. This time, despite being a little timid, I got the steel cut oats. I soaked them for about 10 hours in water with a little vinegar. Before I went to bed I rinsed them as suggested by someone to cut out any acid taste (comfort foods and acid taste don't really go together). I added water, brought to a boil, boiled for about a minute and stopped right there. In the morning I put a serving in a bowl (since this is a little more complicated than nuking it you make several servings at once), added a fat pat of butter and a generous serving of brown sugar (guess if I were a purist I would have used maple syrup or raw honey, but brown sugar = comfort food for me) and microwaved to heat it. I won't backslide from this regimen, it's just too good!

Love it and it lasts for a loooong time.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great value, HUGE package. They look very "raw" and need to be cooked to your crunchiness needs. I add salt otherwise it doesn't taste like much. If you're feeling adventurous I recommend raw honey and/or organic coconut flakes.

200% Price Increase, OH MY G!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Got this at half the current price in the past. This brand had almost majority of its products' prices raised by at least 60% since my last order. Is there a serious shortage on oats worldwide that I'm not aware of? Well, daylight robbery! Probably my last purchase, the taste does not justify the price rise

Love these oats.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

These oats taste great. I've always eaten rolled oats, but steel cut oats are a bit chewier and just taste better. Pity about the price increase- I liked them even more at the old price.

Steel Cut Oatmeal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My order was shipped quickly and my husband and I are enjoying the Steel Cut Oatmeal. One bag had a hole and a portion of oatmeal was in the bottom of the box in which it was shipped. I sent an email to iHerb to let them know about the problem. Promptly an email arrived rectifying the matter. I would recommend ordering products from iHerb and they care about customer satisfaction . I was so pleased by the way they handled the issue and will be a repeat customer. Thank you.

yum

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I love these. Makes a great breakfast.

1 2 3