Good Co-Q10 product

Posted by NBPT100 on May 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is a good Co-Q10 product. I like that it does not contain Soy lecithin and is NON-GMO. I don't like that it contains carrageenan. Obviously, in one capsule there is very little in there but just be aware. If you have any intestinal issues I would avoid this product. I also don't care for the safflower oil or modified food starch but again there is very little in each capsule. CoQ10 is a very important supplement. I will not go into depth here as much has already been written on its benefits here and elsewhere. I will repeat that if you take a statin drug you would be well advised to supplement with this or the Ubiquinol form of Co Q10. I do prefer the Ubiquinol form which is the reduced form of Co-Q10 because it is much more usable. As we age we do not convert the Ubiquinone form of Co-Q10 to the Ubiquinol form very well. When we get into our 40's we do it less efficiently. As a result we need to take more of it to get the same effect. To get around this all you need to do is take the Ubiquinol form. It costs more but if you are effectively using almost all of it vs. 25% of the Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, is it really more expensive? One Study on older people has shown that 400mg of Ubiquinone is equivalent to 100mg of Ubiquinol. When this is on sale it is a very good deal. Go to my iHerb page and read which Ubiquinol products I like. If you found this review helpful can you kindly click the YES button. Peace and good health!

Best CoQ10 I've tried!

Posted by 5712270977792623294 on Feb 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This was the first CoQ10 I tried. I bought the trial size after reading about how it was used in trials for controlling migraines. I was amazed that after only a few days of taking 100 mg twice a day I felt so much more alert and not tired like I normally am. I used to feel like I was in a haze all day but especially in the evening, and I could barely stay awake after about 9:00 PM. While I was taking this CoQ10, I was pleasantly surprised that I had none of that brain fog and was shocked to be awake, alert, and not at all fatigued even at 10:00 PM! I was still able to sleep just fine at night, but I didn't have the bone-deep weariness throughout the day. It was almost a side benefit that my daily headaches were gone too! Since this was my first try at CoQ10, I tried another brand, but while I found I had some relief and some of the tiredness was gone, I didn't have quite the same results as with the California Gold Nutrition CoQ10. I was getting some headaches a few times a week and felt just somewhat less tired than without it. I did a little research, and it turns out that the highly-touted ubiquinol form is actually unstable and by the time it reaches the shelf, most of its benefit is gone. This form (ubiquinone) is stable, and the body can and does turn it into ubiquinol as needed and back if needed. No wonder I had better results with California Gold! I've learned my lesson, and I am never going to stray again.

Essential supplement!

Posted by 4989488107939230150 on Nov 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Plenty of benefits are associated with CoQ10. It is mainly known for its anti-oxidant properties as well as an energy booster. The last point is actually something you are able to feel with your body, hence also improving your quality of life! A little bit about CoQ10. It is a substance that is produced by the body. As we age, our ability to produce CoQ10 drastically decrease. Although CoQ10 can be found in animal products(mostly organ meat), we would not be getting enough without eating tons of those. This is where supplements come into play. CoQ10 is absolutely necessary for anyone on statin(cholesterol medication). Statin hinders the body's production of CoQ10. Side effect of the lowered CoQ10 level includes muscle aches and fatigues. There are virtually not side effects in taking CoQ10. It is something which I take on a daily basis and would recommend wholeheartedly.

Ubikinoni

Posted by Finland- on Jul 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Edullinen ubikinoni .

Good value for money

Posted by 5331366978351291645 on Apr 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this for the past month and even though I have not seen any major improvements I believe it is an all round good supplement to have and use - while comparing this to other brands' prices and formulas this is by far one of the best value for money supplements you can buy. I will be ordering this again.

Magical

Posted by 5349330046693579174 on Dec 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I did not hurry to write my review, i am using this product since 3 months now. I am diabetic and feeling tired was part of my life, really i'm very surprised against its result. Good bye tired, i call it (the life elixir). I take 200mg/ day with meal that is very important to secure the absorption. Strongly recommended.

Love this!

Posted by 5183769414363747385 on Sep 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good quality CoQ10, easy to swallow...

California Gold Nutrition, CoQ10, Naturally Fermented, 100 mg, 30 Veggie Softgels

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Nov 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I took it because of low price for my father. It is not strongest, but moderate. My concerns are additional ingredients (too many) and especially modified food starch. These modifications nowadays make me sick, really.

Low quality

Posted by 5121334833926528322 on Jun 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Not a fan of the additional ingredients, especially the safflower oil which is typically used in overly processed and low quality foods/supplements.

Excellent