good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 24 2016 | Verified Purchase

At least for my family it really seemed to help with stopping a cold and preventing it from getting worse. Plus, in my opinion, both the smell and the taste of the syrup are absolutely fine, and not horrible and nasty as the other reviews state.

Excellent way to stop cold

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 26 2016 | Verified Purchase

My son - 7 - does not like sweet syrups and this one diluted with some water is acceptable for him. He comes home sick after swimming in the ocean every time, as kids do not know measure, but after a dose of this syrup with a combination of slowly digesting Elderberry pill from Planetary Herbals he is back to his oceanic activities the very next day.

Tastes and smells horrible

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 30 2015 | Verified Purchase

I got this for a great bargain price since it's a new item. The item was sealed, but once I removed the cap, a small circular piece of the cap came off... Not sure what that was all about. I've been trying to take half-a-spoon of this every day, but it's a big chore trying to take it. I've never smelled and tasted poison, but this is what it probably it's like. It's honestly terrible. There's also an awful aftertaste (like bad breath!) that keeps coming up randomly throughout the day when you eat and drink. It's strange since California Gold Nutrition seems to be a good brand, but all I can do is give my honest review.

Messy and nasty tasting!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 3 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have tried three different companies who produce Sambucus Elderberry syrup and bought this product expecting much better than what was received. It tastes terrible and is messy. My wife and daughter can not take this syrup and I must force it down. I do not have a quantitative measure of how effective it is but seems to be less effective than either of the other brands. I have bought other products produced by California Gold and have been satisfied with them. Based on my past experience I bought 8 bottles. What a mistake! I was surprised this product was as bad for me as it is.

Great value product, similar tasting to other brands.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have tried a few different brands of Elderberry syrup, including Sambucol, Nature's answer Sambucus, and Honey Gardens Elderyberry Syrup with Apitherapy Raw Honey, Propolis and Elderberries. They are all excellent products. I've found that Elderberry syrup has really helped us to recover quickly from colds, flu, sore throat, coughs and other viral symptoms. California Gold sambucus is equally as good and tastes perfectly fine, in my opinion. It's very similar tasting to other brands. It's not quite as sweet as other brands, which I prefer, and the clearance price is a great bonus. I'll be ordering more in the future.

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 21 2018 | Verified Purchase

Well...... I tried another brand and it is much better. This almost tastes like prune juice. I regret that ordered 4 bottles .

Horrible !

Posted by Ruby64 on January 16 2016 | Verified Purchase

Impossible for me to swallow..... horrible taste, waste of money.

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 16 2017 | Verified Purchase

But terrible taste

For the price it's ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 14 2017 | Verified Purchase

Compared to other syrups the taste is not that great.

horrible taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 13 2017 | Verified Purchase

Once I tried it into sparkling water with Lemmon, but its tastes difficult to drink. I will try it into my smoothie with berries.

1 2 3