good product

Posted by 4972447719096119095 on Aug 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

At least for my family it really seemed to help with stopping a cold and preventing it from getting worse. Plus, in my opinion, both the smell and the taste of the syrup are absolutely fine, and not horrible and nasty as the other reviews state.

Tastes and smells horrible

Posted by 4957523661116527187 on Nov 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I got this for a great bargain price since it's a new item. The item was sealed, but once I removed the cap, a small circular piece of the cap came off... Not sure what that was all about. I've been trying to take half-a-spoon of this every day, but it's a big chore trying to take it. I've never smelled and tasted poison, but this is what it probably it's like. It's honestly terrible. There's also an awful aftertaste (like bad breath!) that keeps coming up randomly throughout the day when you eat and drink. It's strange since California Gold Nutrition seems to be a good brand, but all I can do is give my honest review.

Excellent way to stop cold

Posted by 5710407200620544353 on Jan 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My son - 7 - does not like sweet syrups and this one diluted with some water is acceptable for him. He comes home sick after swimming in the ocean every time, as kids do not know measure, but after a dose of this syrup with a combination of slowly digesting Elderberry pill from Planetary Herbals he is back to his oceanic activities the very next day.

Messy and nasty tasting!

Posted by Reviewer1328004 on Dec 03, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have tried three different companies who produce Sambucus Elderberry syrup and bought this product expecting much better than what was received. It tastes terrible and is messy. My wife and daughter can not take this syrup and I must force it down. I do not have a quantitative measure of how effective it is but seems to be less effective than either of the other brands. I have bought other products produced by California Gold and have been satisfied with them. Based on my past experience I bought 8 bottles. What a mistake! I was surprised this product was as bad for me as it is.

Horrible !

Posted by Ruby64 on Jul 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Impossible for me to swallow..... horrible taste, waste of money.

Good properties for health

Posted by 5159760891240956017 on Jun 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I would have to say the taste is a little bitter and not as sweet as the other products like this one but I'm more into the Health vs. Cost factor... I'll trade taste for the fact that its GOOD for my body.

Taste is terrible

Posted by Thegenesissource on Sep 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I didn't read the reviews before I bought it because I have never had an elderberry syrup that didn't taste delicious-this tastes and smells horrible (mildew and smelly socks) and I have tried to force my children to take it to prevent colds but I just can't stand it myself.