Messy and nasty tasting!

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 3 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have tried three different companies who produce Sambucus Elderberry syrup and bought this product expecting much better than what was received. It tastes terrible and is messy. My wife and daughter can not take this syrup and I must force it down. I do not have a quantitative measure of how effective it is but seems to be less effective than either of the other brands. I have bought other products produced by California Gold and have been satisfied with them. Based on my past experience I bought 8 bottles. What a mistake! I was surprised this product was as bad for me as it is.

Horrible !

Posted by Ruby64 on January 16 2016 | Verified Purchase

Impossible for me to swallow..... horrible taste, waste of money.

Not A SYRUP wrong color and consistency

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 21 2018 | Verified Purchase

Sorry CGN very disappointed as this is seems to be a dry powder 'tincture' , watery brown and medicine tasting as opposed to a true Sambucus syrup that is thick purple red and tastes like raspberry delicious ! and packed with VitC Any one considering the health benefits of black elderberry please note :Its worth buying SAMBOCAL as its the real thing.

Taste is terrible

Posted by Thegenesissource on September 14 2016 | Verified Purchase

I didn't read the reviews before I bought it because I have never had an elderberry syrup that didn't taste delicious-this tastes and smells horrible (mildew and smelly socks) and I have tried to force my children to take it to prevent colds but I just can't stand it myself.