GOOD BUT COULD BE EVEN BETTER WITH SOME CHANGES

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Feb 05, 2015

I am very happy with this Vitamin C capsule because it does not contain any fillers like magnesium stearate and it is very easy to swallow. I am also very happy that it is made of Quali-C the best ascorbic acid available. However, I give the product only four stars because I would like to have some synergists like bioflavonoids, Rose Hips or something included in the formula to ensure better absorption and effect. 1000 mg is a good strength. NOW Foods have many Vitamin C products available that have synergists included. And one good choice is to buy an Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement that is an antioxidant known to help regenerate Vitamin C in the body. If you find this review helpful, please click the YES button, thanks and enjoy your iHerb journey.

For now from GMO-free corn, purified to remove all traces of corn residue

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 07, 2014

As promised, I am editing this, as I not only just spoke with Bill at California Gold Nutrition, but also tried this product for a few days after reading the links provided by CGN in response to another apprehensive reviewer. On those links, I learned that the end product is purified to remove all traces of corn. I guess it's like when omega 3 companies purify fish oils to remove all traces of PCB's and mercury. We no longer live in a pollution-free world but thanks to caring companies like these we can again reap the benefits of pristine supplements to better our health. From my conversation, I learned that CGN is very passionate about health and a strict no GMO policy. And they really care about health and their customers. As for my experience trying this Quali-C: I have adrenal failure and C is critical for them to function normally; since I also have scurvy, I took 5, maybe 6 pills per day. Right away, I felt more balanced, more calm, better. After 3 days I noticed that my extreme dry skin was less so, and my nasolabial sleep depressions looked somewhat plumped out. My gums, which break out in blisters at my worst of scurvy, were better. Even my prematurely gray hair appears darker (Could it be? I'm still debating if that is my imagination!) After such a short time, the results are very impressive! My final verdict is, if I might prefer whole food organic C for maintenance, this is also organic-based and the synthesized end product, Ascorbic acid seems to have some potent THERAPEUTIC effects. I would take 10 per day easily, considering my need is great here. As of now, Scotland is still one of the few countries banning and resisting GMOs. Since it failed to secede from the UK, this might not be the case in a few years. I would definitely stock up on these before then. And flu season is upon us! About my skin, and for full disclosure, I must add that, since I can no longer afford to try Devita's C serum, I made my own by adding 1/8th of a capsule of this C into a small glass bottle filled with 1/2 oz spring water and 1 drop of retinol. I sprayed my fingers and gently pressed on my face (except under eye). No grittiness just a soft feeling, and I also sprayed my poor gums. (I also use bloodroot, see my profile for that). My fear is that this might sell out if I hit "send" now, particularly with the UK pressure on Scotland, but I needed to correct my former review now that I have more info for those who needed more facts ASAP. My thanks to Bill for calling me and addressing my concerns. I trust that iHerb will maintain low prices here and restock ASAP. I hope this helps someone with liver failure and/or scurvy like me, and those who shun GMOs like I do. Be well, everyone :)

Not too bad!

Posted by AnnetteX on Nov 08, 2014

I purchased this item because it was in the trial mode, selling for $1.95 instead of its projected $11.95. I need vitamin C because I am on medications that can weaken my bones. After seeing the listing, I thought, "Some is better than none, right?" The product arrived as described, a sealed container with 60 caps. A few days after the item came in the mail, I caught a cold. The first day of my cold, I decided to pop one of these vitamin C's. The next day, I felt much better. My cold was not entirely gone yet, but I was able to breathe better and my congestion was not so bad. Vitamin C is known for immunity boosting properties, and I think that's exactly what this did for me. The product was carefully packaged and does not seem very suspicious to me. Plus you can't really beat that price point!

I'm sure it is good

Posted by Reviewer1905589 on Jan 14, 2015

I have started to use it consistently and I have the feeling that it does help me to stay in shape. My skin is also less dull I don't know if this is clearly linked but yes I'm satisfied

$1.95 for Vit C!

Posted by Swamphn on Feb 17, 2016

Cannot buy these for this price in NZ! and I like they are caps not chewable.

I got stomach problems

Posted by 4885815867364333851 on Jan 16, 2015

I am not very sensitive to any ingredients nor have allergies. I got pain in my stomach after eating these for a few days. I kept continuing for a week, stomach pinching. Then I stopped eating these, and pain was gone. Note, it's possible that pain was caused by some other reason, but it's also possible that it was this product.

Easy to swallow, odorless

Posted by Reviewer2571815 on Nov 30, 2014

These capsules are odorless and very easy to swallow (I take 5 or 6 at a time, and I HATE swallowing pills) compared to the 1000-mg vitamin C tablets I've purchased elsewhere, which are bigger and smelly, IMO. Also, although these are not buffered, I have yet to experience any adverse reaction as I sometimes get with other non-buffered vitamin C powders and pills. In fact, they seem to work quicker than most other Cs I've used thus far. (I use vitamin C to help with allergy issues and food sensitivities.) Bought the trial bottle previously, but now about to purchase the 240-capsule bottle. Thanks much!!

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer1467372 on Mar 15, 2016

It's difficult to comment on "how I liked this Vitamin C as compared to others". How would we be able to know? The reason I purchased, and will do so in the future is that it comes from Europe. A couple of years ago I purchased a 3# jar of Ascorbic Acid, 100% Pure Powder, Pharmaceutical Grade (USP). Just after that purchase I was told that all ascorbic acid comes from China. I called the makers of my recent purchase (don't know if I can say the brand, although it's one of the top brands) and asked where the powder came from he admitted it came from China. And then he said that all of it comes from China. I do not know if that is so. However, I still have that 3# jar setting in the pantry. I've used other brands really not knowing what I'm taking. What's a body to do? I'm glad to find this brand.

perfect product

Posted by BeautyWealthLovelyFamily on Jul 25, 2016

wonderful product. We are seeing good results right away. revitalizing, energy, power. strongly recommend that the. Perfect products from each view

Good and clean C!

Posted by 5572988575422921367 on Sep 25, 2016

As far as ascorbic acid goes, Quali C is the real deal, because it's pure... C is essential for our body. The problem is, our body quit making C, for some strange reason. In a non-chemically polluted environment we would not need plenty of C. Also, if our C-type foods were like they were a 100 or more years ago we could easily get enough C. Today is a different story. Sure, you can down plenty of orange juice, but would overdose on fructose, sugar-overload equals poor health. Natural vitamin C supplements (if fresh) still need to go through the digestion process, so the body will not get nearly the amount of C as stated on the bottle-label. Maybe it would be enough for a small child, but doubtful for an adult. I get a notable energy lift when taking pure ascorbic acid, especially when I run out for a week. It works for me!