Gentle for sensitive people

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 31 2015 | Verified Purchase

My GI tract cannot handle typical iron supplements, the non-heme ones which are hardly absorbed and which leave lots of free-radicals and intestinal distress because pathogenic bacteria within the gut can utilise the undigested iron leaving nasty side effects like gas, bloating, black stools, constipation, diarrhoea etc. - of course the microflora gets affected with symptoms like that! This is gentle, I take it with 1000mg ascorbic acid and food. The dose is very low (5mg) so I am not sure if it has increased by ferritin or serum iron yet as I need to get my labs done before I can tell. But I am happy that I found an iron supplement that doesn't make my gut feel compromised! I even have trouble with Spatone (the 'gentlest' one that many people don't have issues with so that's saying something - Spatone makes my stomach lining feel inflamed so imagine what happened with ferrous fumarate and sulphate!!)

it works for me

Posted by gfreesammi on July 9 2016 | Verified Purchase

i have a really hard time absorbing iron and this product helped my blood test levels rise. doesn't upset my stomach.

Cardiovascular Research Ltd., Ferritin, 5 mg, 60 Capsules

Posted by ReputableReviewer on February 1 2017 | Verified Purchase

Talking plainly, I was expecting more. Cold feet/hands are not so much warmed and overall well-being is not somehow changed after 2 bottles. Maybe we need some more time and higher doses? It is sad that it has only 5 mg, because I think from our practice now, that it should have 15 mg not less. Of course, one could consume 3 capsules, but then supplement is going to be pretty expensive and one must send themselves one bottle after another, it is not convenient. But I am afraid to give less stars of rating. It is better to have this product in iherb rather than not.