CAUTION - Vit K antagonises blood thinners, CoQ10, magnesium, vit A, vit E - please be careful

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Please consider this one carefully. K2 made a hip issue worse and caused my knees to feel painful/swollen where there was no knee issue before. I believe there are cheaper/more effective/less harmful ways to prevent/reverse calcification and/or get rid of calcium spurs etc. If needed at all, I argue that vit K1 is sufficient - our bodies do a stellar job of converting it to vit K2, regardless of gut flora. And I suggest vit D/magnesium deficiency is more likely than vit K. I personally found my bone/endocrine health improved most significantly once I stopped drinking tap water (even filtered). I now only drink bottled spring water and use bottled or filtered water for cooking (and some washing, e.g. face/hair) - chloramine is not fit for human consumption. Even without doing/taking anything else - not drinking tap water made a significant enough difference that I wholeheartedly advocate it as a must-try for anyone suffering any kind of health issue. Note that vit K needs vit D, copper, B5 (and calcium) - if already low, vit K will lower them further (along with things it antagonises, e.g. magnesium). If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

felt weird

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After taking this for one week I had strange changes in my joints with pain in the ankle, back and knee all at once. I normally dont get this and heal very fast after working out. I also had a strange boney growth on my gums. Not sure if its just me having a bad reaction or a purity issue

There's something wrong with this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been buying this product for the last three years. For the last two years, I've had a recurrence of severe pain from an old injury to my right hip. For the last year, I've had a recurrence of severe pain from an old injury to my left shoulder. I recently checked the reviews for this product and found comments of a similar nature, so I switched to taking one 15mg K2 capsule per day from VRP. Within one week, the pain in both joints drastically reduced. I can only conclude that the pain was caused by calcification resulting in impingements, and that the 15mg K2 capsules from VRP reversed the calcification. As there should be no calcification when taking 5mg/day of K2, there's something wrong with this product.