Doctor Recommended

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

My optometrist suggested I take this specific cod liver oil to help combat chronic dry eye (along with flaxseed oil). He said he recommended Carlson brand for its purity and the lemon flavor. While it's not something I look FORWARD to taking, it is pleasant tasting and doesn't have an aftertaste. Plus, I have seen an improvement in my dry eye condition since starting the oils. Compared to local health food stores, iHerb's price is good, too.

The best tasting Cod Liver oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 25 2007 | Verified Purchase

I started taking Cod Liver Oil in 1980. This is the best tasting product I have ever tried. It makes taking cod liver oil so much easier. It has very little Fishey taste and a nice lemon flavor. If you have trouble with the taste, this is the one for you.

Makes a big difference.

Posted by PinkOveralls on March 22 2011 | Verified Purchase

I now take a teaspoon morning and night. I think my mental clarity and physical energy have improved. The biggest difference came in the effect the cod liver oil had on internal inflammation. I suffered from intermittent but chronic chest pains for over 10 years. Homeopathy helped a little, but they always returned. Acupuncture helped, but didn't cure. Doctors and heart specialists had no answers. The only thing that alleviated the discomfort was a heat pack. Within days of starting on this cod liver oil, the chest pains were gone. I wasn't sure why, but when I did some research I found that cod liver oil is helpful in reducing inflammation. I had been taking various omega oils for years, but none had the effect that Carlsons oil. The taste is even pleasant, as others have noted.

Kathleen McMahon

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 4 2008 | Verified Purchase

My husband takes this every morning to lower his cholesterol. He swears this really works.

No fishy taste

Posted by CoolinArizona on October 10 2009 | Verified Purchase

Sometimes I like to drizzle this over my salad and it has a great lemony flavor and not fishy. I'm doing something good for myself at the same time.

Fish oil for cognitive performance

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 9 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am a university student and I tried fish oil to enhance my memory. The difference is observable and the taste of the product is very mild, it has become a habit for me and in general I do not think about it.

Cleared of additives

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 26 2013 | Verified Purchase

The best of this product is that it contains a number of other additives

My ADHD son loves it.

Posted by BrendaRoss on July 5 2012 | Verified Purchase

My ADHD son likes the lemon flavor. And his school works have improved so much since he has been on this CLO.

Nice lemon flavor.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been known to let many bottles of flax oil go bad in my frig but this tastes better and I am religiously taking it every day. I chose Carlson because they seem to put a lot of effort into purity and potency.

I call this anti-PMS serum, lol

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 5 2012 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wants me to take cod liver oil. This is more effective than the pills. Really helps with hormonal issues. And, the taste is not bad.