Natural toothpaste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Impressive! I have tried other natural toothpaste but this product has helped so much with tightening the gums and thoroughly cleansing the teeth, Takes a bit getting use to the texture when brushing, but the results out weigh this. Will definitely continue to use this product.

Great for massaging your gums, but not for brushing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I tried using it as a toothpaste, but Dr. Christopher's books all say that he recommends massaging the power onto the gums and leave on overnight. So I stopped brushing my teeth with it, but massaging my gums seems to make my gums feel much better. I now use a herbal toothpaste made in India. After brushing, I massage gums with this power.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The best for tighten up the gums and polishing the teeth. I use it daily.

a little herby

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Christopher's powder was a little dry, hard to spread around. The taste was okay (even for kids ages 2-13). Of all the tooth soaps and powders our family of eight has tried this was the least favorite for most of us (hubby liked it BEST!). My teeth and gums feel good afterwards but I notice a little brown stuck in my gums sometimes. It makes a mess on the counter and sink (not as easy for kids to rinse off). The ingredients are the best I've seen!!! We'll keep using it, rotating with the tooth soaps or Uncle Harry's tooth powder. Hubby still rotates with natural (glycerin!) toothpaste. Christopher's is a good powder if you don't like the taste of baking soda or salt.

Tooth Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is the second jar I have bought of this product. It takes getting used to, but my teeth do not hurt any more. I like the fact that there are no poisons in this, and my teeth feel clean and fresh. I will continue to buy this product from iHerb because it's the best price I have found.

Rebuilding enamel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product hoping that it would help me rebuild my tooth enamel. While I have not been using it long, I am indeed seeing - and feeling - a difference. Will definitely purchase this again. Thanks!

Christopher's Herbal Tooth and Gum Powder

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I noticed a difference the first time I used the powder. My gums felt tighter and tingly. Now, two weeks later, my gums don't bleed when brushing. I love the taste and smell of the powder; very refreshing. Good find!

Here's the facts:

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The product is natural and the bark is said to contain a good amount of calcium, thus it remineralizes teeth. The product is dark green, and tastes much like grass, or algae. It has peppermint, but only very very lightly. If you store your toothbrush in a glass on the sink, it will be unsightly as it stains your toothbrush green. Worst problem: This green powder, as other's have said, leaves green grit in your mouth. If you try to brush and run out the door, you will invariably have green specks between your teeth as though you have just eaten PESTO. I don't rinse with water, but I do rinse my toothbrush several times and go over my teeth and tongue with the clean brush, to remove the cleaning products. However, even after doing this, I looked in the mirror and saw green grit everywhere. Also, I enjoy using coconut oil and baking soda as a homemade toothpaste. I enjoy the flat, salty taste. However, now, with the green grit mixed in, it's just nasty. Instead of using this, I will add xylitol and calcium carbonate (for remineralization) to my coconut and baking soda, and have an even better, WHITE toothpaste. Sorry I bought this.

Tooth Paste Substitute:

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have decided to stay with the powder. It leaves my mouth feeling sweet and it tingles after each use.

happy customer

Posted by LadyEnigma on Jul 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

If you find my review useful, click "YES" and see more useful info by clicking on my name. It's honestly the best tooth product that I've found. I originally purchased it because I was having some prolonged swelling and soreness around my gums after having a routine filling. Within the first day the swelling and the soreness had dramatically gone down, and within a week it had disappeared completely... and even better, upon my first brushing, I noticed that my teeth got dramatically whiter (I've been drinking coffee for the past 15 years and even the industrial strength whitening tooth pastes haven't been able to lift it one shade). After several months of usage, my teeth have gone up about 3 shades. I haven't had any problems with feeling queasy when using Dr. Christopher's Herbal Tooth & Gum Powder, but then again it I'm not about to drink it. No where on the container does it say that one should be mixing it with water and drinking it, or taking it internally. It says, "Use in place of toothpaste, or as directed by your health care professional." Clearly the last reviewer wasn't strictly using it in place of toothpaste, and I would wager to bet, that they weren't consulting a health care professional either. (Think about it, would you drink Listerine, or another tooth care product?! Or how about lead? That's found in nature too.) My only personal beef with the Herbal Tooth & Gum Powder is the taste (one of the reasons why I *know* it's natural... in fact most Dr. Christopher products are certified organic). It has some stevia in it to improve the flavor, but it definitely takes some getting used to. If you're the type of person who eats a lot of processed food, and can't tolerate tea without sugar in it, then this product is not for you. Overall, I love this product, and have no desire to use anything else after my pleasant experience. :) **If you find my review useful, click "YES" and see more useful info by clicking on my name.**