Sweeter than soy sauce but OK substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

A little disappointed, since I expected something tasting a little more lika soy sauce (which I miss a lot, breastfeeding child with soy allergy). This was sweeter and had a scent of coconut. But it's good and better than no soy at all:-).

It's okay

Posted by abbyca on Nov 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I think I'm too much of a soy sauce lover to give it up entirely although I do like the fact that this product comes close in flavor and is less salty than regular soy sauce.

Interesting

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It is a very good product in itself, but to me, it does not replace soy sauce. It is sweeter (in taste not sure about content). I might keep it in my fridge going forward but I will have to experiment on how to use it best. I am still to find a gluten and soy free "soy-like sauce". Any advice welcome :-)

Good substitute

Posted by Flossiesfavorites on Sep 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Having lived most of my life in Japan where I'm used to non GMO soy sauce at it's best, I can't say I love the taste of this as a soy sauce substitute. However, if you're needing to avoid soy, this is better than living without soy-sauce flavored food altogether. Just know that it will not taste the same as soy sauce.

Not a big fan

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

We found this to be ok, sort of nice but I prefer just a bit of sea salt to add flavour. The flavour was a little strange. Was hoping to really like it though .......Click YES if this was helpful and feel welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Its ok...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is ok,,,, by no means is it soy sauce but I know its healthier for me :) I will buy again...

I supposed if you can't have soy...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This is a soy-substitute, but I personally just prefer the taste of soy sauce. This is too sweet. I haven't tried other brands of coconut aminos, but I wouldn't buy it again.

It is ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Definitely taste different from soy sauce and seems to taste good only on certain food. Its a little sweet for me. Still a good healthy replacement seasoning sauce though.

It's sweet...

Posted by saralovesiherb on Nov 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I may have missed something, but I wouldn't call this a seasoning sauce. It's really really sweet. I felt like I was covering my food in sugar (after reading the label, I pretty much was) and wasn't as expected.

Shipping

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Product arrived x3 and leaked into snap lock bag. Outside labels were soaked/damaged.

1 2 3