Great Soy Sauce Alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

As I try to avoid carbohydrates this is a perfect compromise for stir-friday and the occasional bit of sushi.

very sticky

Posted by Nesja89 on Feb 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

but tasty

Better Than Soy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this primarily in stewps (concentrated veggie soups) as a flavor and salt additive. It's not as salty as soy and has an interesting flavor.

Tasty if used right

Posted by plantbasedglutard on Feb 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Wouldn't use it to replace soy sauce in cooking, a great replacement for sweet soy. I like to use it with some garlic as a dipping sauce.

not bad with makis/sushis

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

at first you have to get used to the sweet taste of this sauce instead of the salt, but then it's a good alternative to soy sauce for sushis/makis.

Taste much better then soy sauce! Sweet taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like it a lot, alas it doesnt last long, and it kinda expensive!

Good raw, not cooked

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It doesn't taste exactly like soy sauce, however, it gives the idea of soy sauce if eaten raw. When cooked, not much, however it gives an interesting flavor to tomato sauces.

Very tasty and versatile sauce

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Great paleo soy/tamari sauce alternative. I use this sauce in all of my Asian style cooking. It has more of a sweeter taste than tamari. Compared to a lot of other brands this has the lowest sugars.

Great to find a soy-free alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my husband, who cooks with soy sauce. Since we now avoid soy as much as possible (as well as eat coconut oil, coconut flour etc), this was quite a find. He was quite happy with the taste. I haven't given it 5 stars, because time will tell how long it keeps for.

I can't decide...

Posted by Tingeling on Mar 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I can't decide if I like this or not..! It has too much wine taste and I dont like wine at all!! I bought this because coconut is good for my thyroid, but the taste is just too weird! Thumbs up for not having soy in it, since people suffering from thyroid should'nt eat anything with soy in it! Will I buy again? No, problaby not!