Used to be great, now just watered down

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used to buy this all the time and the consistency was always thick and caramel-y, the new ones I got are more syrup-y and more fluid. It is as if it's been thinned out or something. I am certainly not pleased with it and the taste is also watered down because of that. Not the same anymore..

A glass bottle is too troublesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2018 | Verified Purchase

The glass bottle makes it difficult to get the nectar out. Unlike a normal squeezy honey bottle, you have to patiently wait for the nectar to sloowwwwlllllyyy pour out. THEN, because there is no pressure to suck back the excess like in a squeezy bottle, you are left with it dribbling down the side of the bottle as you tip it back up. It creates a sticky mess! This is the first time I have tried coconut nectar so I cannot comment too much on the taste, but it does remind me a lot of Australian golden syrup. I don't like the taste by itself, so will only be using it to sweeten my coffee or in cooking.

Not For Me Thanks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Based on so many positive articles/reviews on coconut nectar I tried this sweetener to replace Agave syrup. Unfortunately I found the taste to be quite tart and unpleasant not the smooth, caramel-like flavour I expected. I ended up throwing it out. It is possible I received a bottle that was off I suppose but too costly a product to try again.