Very good, but VERY sticky!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is STICKY!! It's even more viscous than honey. It IS sweet, but doesn't taste like any other sweetener, and it does add a taste of its own. It's a bit smokey. I love it in ginger tea and coffee, but it isn't like liquid sugar, which only adds sweetness (at least I think that's true...haven't had white sugar in years. Its taste is as strong as dark brown sugar, but it doesn't taste like brown sugar...or maple syrup, either. If you put it in something mild, it might add too much taste. If you put it in something strong tasting, it adds a lovely complexity, like caramelizing might do. If you're cooking carrots and you want to add a slightly complex, sweet and smokey flavor, add just a bit of this nectar, and maybe a little lemon or orange juice and some taragon or rosemary or basil. It's fabulous. I love it in lemonade...it's so exotic. And I love that it has vitamins and minerals. Just don't expect it to taste like sugar.

Ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Nothing will ever replace the taste of sugar. This is sweet, but slightly kind of sour. Good tho, but don't expect a sugar taste.

Pretty tasty!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this in place of other sweeteners. It's got an unusual flavor - a little sour almost. Don't know how to describe it. I like it but my daughter and husband didn't. I rarely have pancakes but did this morning and didn't get a sugar crash so the low glycemic thing must be real!

very good sweetener

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I like this so much coz it's the only " raw" coconut sugar . the best as it's very low GI . not too sweet but tasty , I use this in raw desserts , can go in teas , too .

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a nice sweetener. I think it tastes very good in cooking or a little over a bowl of fresh fruit. My husband didn't like it on his pancakes though.

nice but different

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like it but tastes a bit like citric (maybe it's only me?) I like the fact that it's raw and probably healthier that other sweeteners.

Good

Posted by CIPRIAN on Dec 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

REALLY sweet stuff! Good taste.

A very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've ordered this product for the second time and I'm very pleased with it. I'm not diabetic but I'm trying to eat as little sugar as I can, and this helps me bake good gluten and sugar free recipes for my kids. It's texture makes it the perfect replacement for honey. Indeed, many paleo recipes call for honey as a natural sweetener, but according to ayurvedic medicine, honey should never be cooked, as it makes it toxic. This is where the coconut nectar comes in. I didn't put five stars just because I think it doesn't taste as good as coconut sugar on its own, but, well, we're not supposed to eat it by the spoon...

Coconut secret

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Loved it over the pancakes. This product will get a "standard" place in my pantry.

Fantastic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This stuff is amazing, low gi, awesome natural sweetener and much better than it's raw counterpart agave.

1 2