Magnesiun oxide

Posted by FlyingDutchman on Jan 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I get cramps and gas from this product, perhaps because it contains magnesium oxide. The tablets have sharp edges which hurt my esophagus. I switched over to the chelated magnesium of Bluebonnet, which is far superior.

Dodgy ingredient labeling

Posted by njwherb on Jan 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The bottle says "chelated magnesium" on the front but in the list of ingredients it says: Magnesium (as magnesium amino acid chelate, magnesium oxide) It doesn't say what percentage of the Magnesium is from magnesium amino acid chelate and what percent from magnesium oxide. It makes a big difference - magnesium oxide is poorly absorbed. It may only have a very small percentage of chelated Magnesium. Probably why it is cheaper than the other brands of chelated magnesium It is dodgy labelling. You don't know what you are getting.

Deceptive Labeling

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These pills are composed primarily of magnesium oxide, which is not easily absorbed by the body. I tried to find out the ratio of magnesium oxide to magnesium chelate, but was unsuccessful. All I learned is that there is more magnesium oxide. Each pill could, theoretically, be composed of 95% magnesium oxide and only 5% magnesium chelate, but as consumers we would never know because the exact ratio isn't divulged. There are higher quality, though more expensive, brands of magnesium chelate on Iherb. It's worth spending the extra money since products containing 100% magnesium chelate have a higher rate of absorption.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

For years I took elemental magnesium at my naturopath's direction. After reading about how chelatd magnesium works, I decided to try it. For me the chelated magnesium is more effective and I really appreciate how Country Life follows GMP.

Country Life, Chelated Magnesium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I take this everyday and I can see a difference if I don't. It helps me relax and stay calm.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My Doctor told me to take 1000mg chelated magnesium per day for inflammation. This is the only one my stomach can tolerate. (Still need to take with meals and usually can tolerate 250 3x per day). Great for joint inflammation when taken with higher doses of fish oil and vitamin C! Really helps with asthma and muscle spasms.

Formulation changed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The formulation has changed with this purchase. They now use more magnesium oxide than magnesium chelate. The oxide form is less desirable for absorption and tolerance. I believe the label to be misleading, therefore dropped my rating down from three to two stars. I won't be purchasing this brand again. I'd thought Country Life was more reputable than to pull such tricks on customers.

Excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've taken magnesium for a long time to help with bowel regularity, and it's been so helpful. However it did cause some diarrhea-like episodes; For the first time I decided to try chelated magnesium, and I have been so pleased. My bowels continue to be regular but without the "explosive" episodes!

Too much Magnesium Oxide

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

There is more magnesium oxide than magnesium chelate. This is not good, as oxide is less absopted by the body. I also noticed this because I diarrhea since taking these pills. Too bad, as I was hoping to find a great new replacement for my old, too expencive, Magesnium pills for preventing my migraines.

Chelated Magnesium

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These tables have no taste and do not upset my stomache. I take two daily to help with my chronic migaines. I like this product because it is all natural and can be taken in addition to a multivitamin. Kate