Raising D Blood Levels Nicely!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great product, based on actually raising my Vitamin D levels (25-hydroxy). After I bought these I saw the “how much do you need to raise your D” formula by the Vitamin D council and it was clear that 7,000 IU would be more appropriate for me, so I then also bought the similarly-formulated Country-Life 1,000 IU softgel product and take two of those at the same time as one of these. Based on the studies, I try to take my D with a meal every day, especially one containing fat. For reasons I won’t go into, I retested my 25-hydroxy D at one month instead of the intended three months, and my level has already gone up from 20 to 40! Based on previously seeing my levels go *down* after 1 month on 1,000 IU of a dry D product taken at night, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it is working. I can’t say I feel any different (at least not yet). And VERY IMPORTANTLY, I am monitoring very closely for any possible D-induced increase in my serum calcium, as having elevated (or even near-elevated) serum calcium generally confers MUCH more serious health risks than having below-range D. So far so good on that count, though, but since my serum calcium’s in the high-9’s already I need to be careful. Once I’m where I want to be on the D (ideally about 50 or 60), my “dilemma” will be figuring out how much to take ongoing to sustain that level instead of either continuing to increase or dropping back down.

Healthier Life

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do believe Vitamin D will help keep you healthier. I'm a computer guy, and a very smart computer guy tells about all the research he did on Vitamin D on his Podcast "Security Now". Good stuff!

tiny and tidy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

tiny clear gelcap very clean only D3 and MCT

D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Small pills, lots of D-vitamin, don't smell good. But I like!

Good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good product!

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good

Looks like a great product, Thanks

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I would like to say that my whole experience with iHerb was fantastic, the product arrived very quickly and it looks like it will definitely do the job. The customer service was also exemplary, probably the most helpful team I have ever dealt with. However I would like to point out a very IMPORTANT and unpleasant issue that I experienced. My customs import charge was more than 3 times the price of the postage and packaging. So if you are ordering outside of the United States always check the extra duties and taxes charged by your country before you buy. Thank you once again. :)

Best Vitamin D

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It's a strong vitamin D, the capsules are tiny and easy to swallow, and it's cheap. What's not to love? I think that when I first started taking these daily, I didn't get a seasonal flu or a cold for over a year. Unfortunately that effect didn't last forever, as the colds have come back. But maybe they're less severe than before: 2-3 days of feeling actually sick, then it's just 2 weeks of having a runny nose.

Great brand, great price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Live in New England, so this is a great way to get D (just one tiny pill a day!) and a good price form iHerb.

Necessary for mood, bone health etc

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Also in the latest Scientific news it is supposed to help with the fight against breast cancer.