A good buy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Lactobacillus GG is pretty pricey anywhere you get it, but IHerb has about the best price around and this particular brand has great quality. If you're looking for "GG", then you won't go wrong with this one. If the price for "GG" just seems too high for you, then your next best bet would be to go with Lactobacillus Sporogenes (much less expensive and perhaps just as effective... the Sporogenes can survive even high stomach acidity, which helps to ensure that it's still active by the time it reaches your gut.

THE BEST!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I tried this product out of curiosity and it was amazing! I have always had a hard time having bowel movements because of stress-related problems. I've tried taking diuretics, laxatives, fiber-rich foods, fruits, veggies, but ONLY this does the trick! Seriously it was amazing. It made me feel so clean inside and my bowel movements increased greatly. My abdomen was flatter too. I definitely recommend it especially because it is so gentle.

Sucrose, maltodextrin and titanium dioxide

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am very disappointed that culturelle have started adding yeast-encouraging maltodextrin and sucrose into their probiotics as well as the toxic titanium dioxide and I would like to know what their motives are for doing so.

Outstanding product!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This and L. Reuteri are my favorite probiotics. They seem to give far more benefits than other probiotic (strains) that I've tried. I'm on long-term antibiotic therapy for Lyme Disease and I need constant replenishment of probiotic bacterias, so I know what works and what doesn't.

Culturelle

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After trying EVERY acidophillus, bifodophillus and/or lactobacillus product on the market for systemic yeast, I FINALLY found a product that works. I've recommended Culturelle to my entire family and all my friends for immune support as well as digestive health. I love this product!

My first choice in probiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Culturelle is the only probiotic that offers Lactobacillus GG, a strain that is reported to survive stomach acid and colonize in the lower intestines and eliminating bad bacteria. Most other supplements never make it there or there do not contain enough live cells. After a bronchitis hit me for the third time in a year I decided to sit out the round of antibiotics and instead concentrate on boosting my immune system via healthy intestines. There are only a few other strains that have shown similar effectiveness and I take them as well but not together (the may reduce each other's effectiveness). My bronchitis is gone and gastrointestinal health seems better after 6 weeks. It does not have to be refrigerated - unlike some others I take - which helps when I travel but I still keep it in fridge.

Culturelle-great for most, but beware of possible allergy to bacteria strain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a phenomenal probiotic product that completely eliminated clostridia from my husband's gut - verified via tests. However, be aware that SOME people are severely allergic to the lactobacillus bacteria strain. My mother developed an allergic reaction when taking this product which included bladder and kidney problems and severe rash on her arms. Nowhere is this possible reaction noted on the product. This went on for weeks until we did more research. We had to do several searches on the internet and came across this finding. Within 48 hours of stopping culturelle, her symptoms abated. Scary. Just beware.

Best I have used.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have had candida for years. I think I have used every probiotic on the market. From 10 billion CFU to 450 billion CFU (yes 450 billion). I do not know what makes one probiotic work better than another. They all say they are better than an other due to certain reasons. But this actually works. I started taking 3 a day, and then one with every meal, but now I only need one a day. And one a day is amazingly, all I need.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've used this product for over 4 years and it really seems to settle the digestive system down. I started using it after my first baby when I developed fruit allergies - my face would swell when I would eat fruit - within 6 mos. I could eat fruit again. This wasn't the only thing I did to heal my gut, but I believe it played a huge role.

Excellent for Antibiotic Issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Six and a half stars!!! Five years ago I was given intravenous antibiotics for pneumonia, which resulted in severe antibiotic-induced, burning diarrhea. I took a lot of stuff and it took a long time to figure it out, but Culturelle was the only thing which was effective for me. One pill per day and within two days all my movements were solid and well-formed. Culturelle plus B6 also cured the anal fissures which completely eliminated the burning. For diarrhea issues, Culturelle (and also apple cider vinegar) is an essential part of my personal pharmacopeia.