hmmm I love pepita seeds but this is certainly an acquired taste - painful throat!

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 2 2018 | Verified Purchase

As stated I love pepita/pumpkin seeds and eat them often. I have eaten roasted peptic spread bought here in Australia and I have made my own roasted pepita spread by roasting and then food processing the seeds. Both have been absolutely amazing. I was low in zinc and I wanted to top up via food, rather than supplements, so I bough this spread thinking because its sprouted it will be more bioavailable than plain seeds or roasted spread. I have a very very varied palate and I eat all sorts of weird things from just about any culture on the globe without issues - so its not because I have a bland palate.... but this spread doesn't taste too wonderful. It burns my throat every time I have it. Firstly - it tastes very "sprouted" - almost fermented, and its very plain... so I added a pinch on salt to a spoon I wanted to try in my round two trials. No avail, still gave extremely harsh throat after about 3 seconds of ingesting. I tried mixing the jar, letting it sit... but nothing has worked so far. Im sure its very nutritious, but I cannot eat it plain. I think I might be able to use it mixed with stuff, like dressings, energy balls perhaps given that you can disguise the taste... but I am keto, and I eat nut butters, fat, etc as a dish or side dish, so for these purposes its not going to work. I would defs do homemade roasted or store bought roasted but never sprouted again. The throat pain is similar to when you have too much olive oil or honey straight up and it gives a dry raspy throats. It goes after an hour or so, but the taste isn't that great for me to put up with it.

I didn't like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 14 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am not sure if that's how a Pumpkin butter tastes, but I didn't like it :( I love bumpkin seeds and they are a good source of iron and I though the butter would a great alternative but it wasn't.

Not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 24 2017 | Verified Purchase

There was nothing wrong with it, but it hurt my stomach. I ordered this because I'm living overseas. However, I prefer having a roasted pumpkin seed butter because it's easier on my gut. I tried this to see if this would do anything to me and it gave me heartburn. :/

Not delicious

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 3 2014 | Verified Purchase

I like to eat "butters" on a spoon, but this is not my favorite to eat plain. Mixed in, it's fine.