Great concept, impractical use for smaller women

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 20 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was thrilled to pieces to find an alternative option to pads and tampons when I first came across the idea of a menstrual cup. After researching the pros and cons, I decided to purchase not one, but two. I thought that this would be most opportune in concerns to public washroom scenarios … and it would’ve been, if their use was not so uncomfortably awkward. After using the cup for about 6 hours, I tried to remove and empty it. This is where my problem began. My index finger and thumb would not fit inside of me. I could not squeeze to bottom of the cup to pop the suction and remove it. After trying multiple positions, pushing, baring down, foreign objects, etc. nothing worked. After trying desperately to remove the cup for about an hour with absolutely no success, I abashedly opted for the emergency room. Three hours and an awkward yet humorous discussion later, the cup was removed. With the decision made against a return visit the very next day, I opted to leave the cup with the nurse instead of taking it home with me. The other was donated to a friend who was interested in trying it, cleaned of course.

Diva Cup

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 8 2008 | Verified Purchase

I LOVE IT. It's great. There's no leaks, or anything you have to worry about with tampons. I don't have to carry around extra with me because all you do is take it out...empty it...run it under water and reinsert. It really is that simply. I would have paid $50 or more for this had I known it was this amazing. EVERY WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ONE.

Life Changer

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 20 2008 | Verified Purchase

The diva cup has not only freed me of large expenses for feminine products, it has freed up my time and activity level. Extremely easy to use, comfortable and affordable! This product is admittedly not for everyone - if you are not someone who wants to be so "involved" down there when you are having your period, this is not for you. Although it is much less "messy" than some reviews I have read about the product. If you are unsure of your comfort level, try using tampons without an applicator (like o.b.) first can better help you determine if this will work for you. If you are open to that experience, this product really will change your life. I have had fewer cramps, saved a boat load of money and feel good about reducing my carbon footprint. I really don't understand why these are not a more mainstream alternative to feminine products!

Not for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 6 2008 | Verified Purchase

It's great that many have had success with the DivaCup, but unfortunately it just isn't for me. I followed the directions and practiced inserting it a few times. It was difficult to get the hang of the insertion process and once it was in, I could ALWAYS feel it in there. Despite trying repeatedly throughout my cycle it remained uncomfortable to wear. If that wasn't enough, removal was terrible. In the directions they tell you not to insert it too far, however my muscles always seem to pull it a little further in than I place the cup myself. So when trying to remove it I have to stick my fingers way up there and grab the stem with my nails... Usually I had to repeatedly attempt to pull the cup up since it wouldn't budge easily. And finally, when I finally would get it to the point where I almost had it out of me it would begin to HURT like CRAZY! TOn be honest, I felt like I was getting a small taste of what it feels like to give birth. Anyway, many I'm just oddly shaped or something, but this did NOT work for me. I'm currently trying out the Instead Softcups and I have high hopes for these. Way easier to insert than the DivaCup and I can't feel it at all. It's good to know that us women have options other than pad and tampons.

My newfound freedom...

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 13 2008 | Verified Purchase

After years of using pads and tampons it took me a while to be comfortable with using the diva cup, but once I got the hang of it, there was no going back! I love! the diva cup! Not just because of the money it saves or that it has less impact on the environment, but the new found freedom I now have! No more being chained to making sure I have enough pads and tampons stockpiled or making a mad dash to the supermarket, no more hoping people don't spy me making a grab for the "hidden pocket" in my bag as I dash to the loo! It's given me a new found freedom I didn't think I would ever have! Thank you Diva Cup!

Girls you need it!!!

Posted by lipslife on April 14 2012 | Verified Purchase

THAT time of the month is almost not so horrible anymore! Looove it! So much more hygenic than tampons or anything else. You don't even feel it, and you only have to empty it once or twice a day. Besides it NEVER leaks! And it's good for the environment (lasts a looong time) :)))

Great to travel with

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 1 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have only used this for one cycle so far. I ordered this because I live in Germany and have a hard time finding the products I like to use and I was also trying to find something that is easy to travel with. I was a little apprehesive at first. However, it actually doesn't leak and it is not gross like I though it would be. I think it will be perfect for traveling and now I don't have to have space for tampons in my luggage! I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars because it is something that takes a little time to get used to.

love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 4 2008 | Verified Purchase

Using this product is a fabulous way to be kind to the environment while having a comfortable and convenient period. It creates zero garbage, eliminates the need to carry around bulky sanitary supplies, requires less frequent changing, is completely comfortable, creates no panty lines, doesn't cause TSS, and doesn't leak! I wish I had discovered it years ago. I plan never to use tampons again.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 17 2017 | Verified Purchase

I can’t believe I’ve waited that long, finally I’m not dependent on the disposable pads and I’m less bloated during the first days of my period. I’ve searched a lot and decided to purchase the no.1 model (even though I’m above 30...) and it’s a prefect match, didn’t had much trouble to insert it (its very helpful watching the tutorial) and extracting (relax the muscles...) 👍

Tried it don't like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 27 2012 | Verified Purchase

Thought this is a great alternative to tampons. I didn't want to use tanpons anymore because it feels so unnatural to have a "plug" inside..this one I figured would be good because the blood can flow. Getting it in was not too difficult but getting it out was painful. Also, I didn't feel it wearing it but somewhere I got this feeling that my inside is constantly expanded (so that the blood doesn't leak) and that is not natural. I'm all for natural so I'm gonna get one of those organic cotton pads. Yea so I won't be able to go to the pool or exercise but when I think of it, when I'm on my period my body's literally bleeding, detoxing, I should stay home & relax. At least for the heavy 2-3 days.. Only pro for this was that I got to see how much blood I'm actually loosing. Interesting. I didn't have a time where I had to change my cup in public but I can imagine it's a hassle to remove it, wash it & put it back in when you are not at home.. Just my opinion..