Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Takes some getting used to but I'm very satisfied with it. Very cost effective too.

Fantastic product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 17, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I'd been hesitant to try anything outside of my tried-and-true standard pads. After hearing so many wonderful things about the Diva Cup, however, I decided to give it a shot. Now I wish that I had started with it years ago! It is comfortable, easy to insert and remove, and didn't leak at all. It's much less mess than pads, and it contains the odor associated with menstrual flow. Really, I can't say enough good things about it! And iHerb.com has the best price online, too.

No leaks!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I recieved this puppy a while back, and have used it through 2-3 periods now. It works great. No need to worry about leaks or running out of tampons. I pair it with the GladRags reusable pantyliners just to be safe, though. It can be a little intimidating and/or painful to insert and remove the first few times. It can also be pretty messy. Your best bet is to remove the thing in the shower. That allows for easy clean-up. Sometimes you can feel it moving/slipping down, which is super weird feeling. However, it is about the same feeling as when your tampon moves around a little. I usually just go to the restroom to push it back up and into place. While a lot of these things sound like cons, they really are minor once you get used to them. Also, they are completely insignificant to the freedom of having a Diva Cup. You are reducing waste, reducing your monthly expense for period supplies, reducing your chances of Toxic Shock Syndrome, and increasing your feeling of leakage security. I would have given it a 5/5 if it wasn't such an adventure to first get the hang of the thing. I researched quite a bit on the whole procedure of the thing, but every woman is different. Therefore, while the advice is helpful, you will still need to just learn how your body works with the menstrual cup.

The best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This was my first menstrual cup purchase, and it took a few goes to get used to, but became second nature fairly early on. I got the smaller model of the two, which fits comfortably- you can't feel a thing when its in. My only problem with it was that I actually LOST it down the TOILET when I was going no2. The next iHerb order I did, I thought I'd try the Mooncup brand, which I found to be too big (despite also ordering in the smaller size). I will be re-ordering a Diva cup this time.

review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Perfection, once you can work out the kinks.

Mixed feelings

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This has been pretty tough for me to use. Instructions say to try and 'rotate' it after insertion, to make sure that it has fully opened. But once I've got it lodged in I can't seem to rotate it. Word of advice for anyone else new: don't try this as soon as you start spotting; you are probably not lubricated enough there, so it might be painful and way too frustrating. It was much easier when my period 'properly' started. A lot of people talk about cutting the stem down but I find that I might prefer it slightly longer? Strange thing is, I can sorta 'feel' it right after insertion but after a while I think my body adjusts the device in naturally. What happens then is that when I try to remove it, the stem almost completely disappears and it's time-consuming to try to get to it. This is only the first month of using it, and I've read plenty of reviews saying that it got better around the 2nd or 3rd month. Hence I'm not going to be too hasty to write it off. Right now, I am not confident that the cup can be used alone without a pad. I'm still trying to figure out how often I need to empty it, and so far it has leaked a bit through the stem. Good thing I was prepared! It seems that this works more of a less chemically-active, cheaper alternative to tampons. But it really is pretty messy and not great if you're stuck with tiny bathroom stalls. I'm feeling pretty lukewarm about it.

Pulled out my IUD.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

THIS THING PULLED OUT MY COPPER IUD the suction on this thing is so strong, it can be really difficult to take out especially once it's full. It can be really painful trying to squeeze your fingers up there to get a grip and then trying to wiggle it out and sometimes you create a mess if you aren't careful you can spill blood every where... I pulled out my copper iud which i had put in place a month ago. I was so freaked out and I'm so annoyed!! I want to love this thing because it's cheaper than buying pads and tampons and it's creating less waste and it doesn't leak (if you don't let it overflow) and it's comfortable but maybe I need to look into other brands because obviously this thing and my iud aren't working together very well..

Not Easy To Use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It's painful to use and smelt bad after using during period, I had to boil it with some vinegar for 20-30 minutes to get rid of the smell. I don't recommend this product

The only choice in iherb but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Too large for asian Not soft enough

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Tricky at first, but it works great! This is a necessary evolution in feminine hygiene. I am really happy to have an environmentally sane alternative.